Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

jhaselwood

Oct 22, 2014, 8:24 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1993 views)

Shortcut

Pulling a trailer: Which is better Eagle Pass or Columbia Bridge?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am pulling a 7' by 14' trailer from 'Detroit' to Bucerias the first week of November. I've crossed at the Columbia bridge in the past and have found it very easy - no lines and immigration, customs, and TIP are all in the same area. This time we are pulling a trailer with household goods for our new condo and have heard that Eagle Pass may be an easier place to cross - less issues at customs, etc. I'd appreciate your thoughts and recommendations. Jim

RickS

Oct 22, 2014, 9:32 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1986 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jhaselwood] Pulling a trailer: Which is better Eagle Pass or Columbia Bridge?

"...less issues at customs, etc."

I'm wondering if a better definition of what you might be talking about here would not help insure a more definitive answer for you.
Your "no lines and immigration, customs, and TIP are all in the same area." comment about the Colombia (notice spelling) crossing is also true at the Eagle Pass/Piedras Negras crossing. I've crossed there many times including 2 days ago (north). I've never had more than one person in line before me at either the "TIP" shack nor inside at customs/banjercito. The building is actually south of Piedras Negras at Allende and is right on hiway 57 so you can't miss it.

I have, however, no experience importing household goods so can't address just what you may experience at this (or any other) border crossing.

P.S. You can get your TIP online and be that far ahead of the game no matter where you cross.

(This post was edited by RickS on Oct 22, 2014, 9:36 PM)

donemry

Oct 23, 2014, 8:30 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1956 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jhaselwood] Pulling a trailer: Which is better Eagle Pass or Columbia Bridge?

In Reply To
I am pulling a 7' by 14' trailer from 'Detroit' to Bucerias the first week of November. I've crossed at the Columbia bridge in the past and have found it very easy - no lines and immigration, customs, and TIP are all in the same area. This time we are pulling a trailer with household goods for our new condo and have heard that Eagle Pass may be an easier place to cross - less issues at customs, etc. I'd appreciate your thoughts and recommendations. Jim

If you look at the map of Texas, you would logically deduce that Reynosa and Peidras Negras are out of the way for travelers from north and east areas of the USA. Further, that Laredo is the most logical place to cross for those heading to Jalisco.

If you are using a Menaje, then don't use Colombia on a Sunday as "the guy" isn't there on Sunday.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4