Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

travelaround

Oct 22, 2014, 9:15 AM

Post #1 of 7 (3016 views)

Shortcut

Border Crossing Advice (RV)

Can't Post | Private Reply
I will be leaving Mexico soon, and I need advice on crossing the border back into the States. I've crossed at NL before, but I was in my truck. Do RVs need to cross at a specific bridge? Are the "exit" procedures completed at the same location (the aduanas building seemed like it might be tight maneuvering for an RV)? It was suggested to me to cross at Columbia. Does anyone have experience crossing either of these borders in an RV? I'm also open to crossing at other borders, though I will be traveling from Manzanillo to Tennessee. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

RickS

Oct 22, 2014, 9:54 AM

Post #2 of 7 (3006 views)

Shortcut

Re: [travelaround] Border Crossing Advice (RV)

You can cross out at any border location with your RV. Make sure that you have the ORIGINAL paperwork for your TIP with you or it will take you more time to process with a copy of said.

Since you didn't mention what "kind" of RV, it's hard to advise. If you might think that NL is too tight, then there are a couple of others I know you don't want to use. I don't have any experience at Colombia, but I personally would take 'smaller' rigs in/out of NL.... maybe up to 30'. A motorhome would be fine 'anywhere'.

(This post was edited by RickS on Oct 23, 2014, 10:25 AM)

travelaround

Oct 22, 2014, 10:58 AM

Post #3 of 7 (2985 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Border Crossing Advice (RV)

Thanks for the response. It's a 36' 5th wheel.

esperanza

Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2944 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Border Crossing Advice (RV)

In Reply To
You can cross out at any border location with your RV. Make sure that you have the ORIGINAL copy of your TIP with you or it will take you more time to process with a copy.

What is an ORIGINAL copy? Doesn't he need the ORIGINAL--not a copy at all?

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

RickS

Oct 22, 2014, 5:27 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2937 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Border Crossing Advice (RV)

Well esperanza you have a point.... what I guess I meant is the Original paperwork. I'll change the Post to remove this oxymoron.

playaboy

Oct 23, 2014, 5:25 AM

Post #6 of 7 (2906 views)

Shortcut

Re: [travelaround] Border Crossing Advice (RV)

You might consider the Anzalduas crossing in Reynosa. You don't need to enter the city to get there. It is a new modern facility, on both sides of the border, with a one-stop building to take care of the TIP and INM stuff. It has a very big parking lot. No problem with your rig there.

The distance between Monterrey to NL or Reynosa is about the same.

travelaround

Oct 23, 2014, 6:22 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2896 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Border Crossing Advice (RV)

Thanks Playaboy....Reynosa looks like a good choice.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4