Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

WilliamG

Oct 20, 2014, 6:40 PM

Post #1 of 5 (5051 views)

Shortcut

Sports Blog in Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
I found a great sports blog while looking for the Charros de Jalisco. It's http://wdbarrsports.blogspot.ca/...-tomateros-with.html

(This post was edited by tonyburton on Oct 20, 2014, 6:44 PM)

Chapala Payaso

Oct 22, 2014, 7:13 AM

Post #2 of 5 (4988 views)

Shortcut

Re: [WilliamG] Sports Blog in Mexico

That wasn't a baseball game, that was a nightmare. Are these teams really that bad? Seems so.

WilliamG

Oct 22, 2014, 9:37 AM

Post #3 of 5 (4968 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Chapala Payaso] Sports Blog in Mexico

Do you mean bad in the sense of US AAA leagues or bad in the sense of AAA winter ball? For Triple A baseball the Charros and the rest of Liga Mexicana del Pacifico are not too bad. Remember, they are mostly young men still learning the game. And, the Charros v Tomateros drew around 11,000 fans per game. No AAA League in the US draws that well.

Chapala Payaso

Oct 22, 2014, 5:50 PM

Post #4 of 5 (4946 views)

Shortcut

Re: [WilliamG] Sports Blog in Mexico

Sorry, I should have mentioned that my point of reference is MLB. I am too far removed from the game to make any comparisons with USA minor league teams. How would you compare them to the teams in the CWS? I hope you are right that they are in the learning curve process. Where exactly is the field where they play?

WilliamG

Oct 22, 2014, 6:32 PM

Post #5 of 5 (4940 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Chapala Payaso] Sports Blog in Mexico

I would say they could beat any team in the CWS only because yhey are bigger and stronger and about 8 of their players, Charros that is, are signed by MLB teams such as Houston, Dodgers and Rangers. Some came directly here from the Pacific Coast League and the Atlantic League, both AAA leagues. They are sent here for training and game experience. There are some players from America who are in their late 30s and just love the game. Most of the players are 23-28 years old. They play in the stadium built for the 2011 Panamerican games, a very beautiful park located in Zapopan.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4