Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Mexico City & Surroundings

georgemichael

Nov 18, 2013, 5:50 AM

Post #1 of 4 (10084 views)

Shortcut

Expats in city of Puebla

Can't Post | Private Reply
I would like to connect with any expats residing in the city of Puebla, as I am interested in possibly relocating there. Interested in your opinion of the city and your experiences there. Thanks to all!
"Don Miguel"

geoffbob

Nov 22, 2013, 2:28 PM

Post #2 of 4 (10010 views)

Shortcut

Re: [georgemichael] Expats in city of Puebla

I too am interested in that town and have inquired on TripAdvisor forum Puebla discussion. I'm told that close to the center of town there is a "Barrio de los Artistas" with a lively cultural mix. Barrio de los Sapos stages a swap meet. You might consult Sol de Puebla newspaper for purposes of taking the community pulse so to speak. Also there is an interesting blog by gringa Rebecca Smith Hurd called All About Puebla.

calitim

Sep 25, 2014, 8:14 AM

Post #3 of 4 (6919 views)

Shortcut

Re: [geoffbob] Expats in city of Puebla

Jumping on board to follow...similar situation here.

el profe

Oct 17, 2014, 3:58 PM

Post #4 of 4 (6788 views)

Shortcut

Re: [calitim] Expats in city of Puebla

Hello All. My name is Tom and I am currently living in the City of Puebla, in the Centro Historico. I am co-pastor at a small ecumenical church called Nueva Esperanza Puebla. The founder of the church is an ordained minister and I am a catholic priest from the United American Catholic Church (non Roman). Even though I have only been here in Puebla for a month, I really enjoy it. I have lived in Mexico for several years. The city offers a wide variety of cultural activities and often times they are free. The historic district is obviously very old but very pleasant. Most if not all of the buildings are from the 16th and 17th century. There are very modern areas as well that I have not yet had the opportunity to explore. The city is host to several universities. I have strolled down the Barrio de los Artistas. It is close to where I live. It is the typical artsy and eclectic atmosphere that you would expect. I thoroughly enjoyed walking through there.

By the way, there are no severe security issues here as there are in other cities and states throughout Mexico.

I am also interested in connecting with any ex-pats that live in the area.

Tom

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4