Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

kmetzger

Oct 9, 2014, 12:52 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2144 views)

Shortcut

Bus to Mexico for Christmas

Can't Post | Private Reply
A friend of mine just called and said he'd like to visit me in Ajijic for the Christmas holidays. He wants to take a bus from Juarez to Guadalajara on the 20th of December. Should I tell him it's a bad idea because thousands of Mexicans will be wanting to do the same thing at that time and I think he'll have a hard time getting a seat?
Kim

(This post was edited by kmetzger on Oct 9, 2014, 12:56 PM)

AlanMexicali

Oct 9, 2014, 1:46 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2134 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kmetzger] Bus to Mexico for Christmas

In Reply To
A friend of mine just called and said he'd like to visit me in Ajijic for the Christmas holidays. He wants to take a bus from Juarez to Guadalajara on the 20th of December. Should I tell him it's a bad idea because thousands of Mexicans will be wanting to do the same thing at that time and I think he'll have a hard time getting a seat?
Kim

The 20th is the Saturday before Christmas this year. I would say no problem. The large bus lines add busses at Christmas as needed on major routes as this.

I often travelled on Dec. 21, 22, 23, 24 and once on the 25th [bus was only 2/3 full that time] and bought my tickets before departing at the bus terminal . I usually waited on average no more than about 3 1/2 hours to leave. Once a 5 1/2 hour wait.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Oct 9, 2014, 1:48 PM)

kmetzger

Oct 9, 2014, 2:09 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2119 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] Bus to Mexico for Christmas

Thanks a lot, Alan.

Aaron+

Oct 10, 2014, 3:02 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2065 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kmetzger] Bus to Mexico for Christmas

Don't know what the bus fare is on that route. Do see that Volaris currently offers a 2 hour non-stop flight at 8:25 a.m. to Guadalajara for $1,023 (cited as $USD 122 on Kayak). About an hour later, another Volaris 1 stop goes for $231. Guaranteed seat. (I will not quote Aeromexico's typically high end fare.)

ETN appears to be the line serving Cd. Juarez-Guadalajara. Their website currently indicates no availability Dec. 20, which may mean something other than there not being seats.

citlali

Oct 10, 2014, 3:24 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2062 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Aaron+] Bus to Mexico for Christmas

the availability for Dec 20th may not be out yet, you cannot book some buses way ahead.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4