Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Lilmsmaggie

Sep 29, 2014, 8:35 AM

Post #1 of 1 (8739 views)

Shortcut

Must be Catch-up time for the Sacramento Bee

Can't Post | Private Reply
Local paper must be playing catch-up since presidente Enrique Pena Nieto was in Sacramento last month.

http://www.sacbee.com/...to-police-chief.html

"We hope we’ve been able to help them change the culture now so one cop will tell another, “You can’t break the law in front of me. I will not permit you to behave in a way that hurts a citizen; it’s putting my life and reputation in jeopardy.” Things will change when officers themselves hold their colleagues accountable and a citizen can say, “You want me to pay a bribe or you take my car, fine, let’s go talk to your commander or a judge.”

--Arturo Venegas

I realize Venegas is hopeful but he needs to back-off that cool-aid just a bit. But you gotta give it to him; why would anyone risk their life for $200-$300 a month? Doesn't make sense to expect people to remain loyal, law-abiding citizens when they can earn much more working for the other side.

Ditto for unemployed youth in the states. Do we really expect them to work for minimum wage, when they can sell drugs and make more money in a day than the kid working the counter at Mickey D's makes in a month.

Somethings gotta change ...
Dwain (aka Lilmsmaggie)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4