Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

tacito

Sep 16, 2014, 5:55 AM

Post #1 of 10 (3687 views)

Shortcut

Aduana broker cannot nationalixze my vehicle and is avoiding sentding my fee and title back. What ca

Can't Post | Private Reply
An Aduana broker in Laredo/N. Laredo that required I sent my fee ($2000 USD) and title in advance, now says he could not nationalize my vehicle due to a technicality. I asked for my title and money back by phone and email 2 weeks ago. He will not answer emails or phone calls. I sent the information as to where to mail the title and the bank account information he requested. I have been dealing with him since last April. Is there an attorney in Neuvo Laredo that I could get help from?
Tacito

cbviajero

Sep 16, 2014, 7:37 AM

Post #2 of 10 (3661 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tacito] Aduana broker cannot nationalixze my vehicle and is avoiding sentding my fee and title

Was this to be a "virtual"l nationalization?
Do you mind giving the name of the broker?

playaboy

Sep 16, 2014, 9:12 AM

Post #3 of 10 (3632 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tacito] Aduana broker cannot nationalixze my vehicle and is avoiding sentding my fee and title

If your auto broker has an office on the US side of the border than they must be licensed and bonded to operate. If your car meets the NAFTA treaty requirements than it should be importable. What did the broker say was the technicality that prevents it from being imported?

I hope you weren't scammed like the hundreds of others that tried to beat the system. You might have to drive to Laredo to find out.

wilpharm

Sep 19, 2014, 8:48 AM

Post #4 of 10 (3390 views)

Shortcut

will you please give the name of the broker….hopefully it was not Oscar

bournemouth

Sep 19, 2014, 9:31 AM

Post #5 of 10 (3371 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wilpharm] Aduana broker cannot nationalixze my vehicle and is avoiding sentding my fee and titl

Oscar is in Nogales, Sonora/Arizona, not Laredo.

wilpharm

Sep 19, 2014, 4:03 PM

Post #6 of 10 (3319 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Aduana broker cannot nationalixze my vehicle and is avoiding sentding my fee and t

yeah, my bad, I got a note from Oscar saying he is waiting for " the laws to be clarified"…
ALl this is putting quite a kink in our plans…we are heading back in about 10 days…MY wife is still a "turista"..May have to go that route with her car til all this mess gets straightened out or seriously check into Sonia ..

Sonia Diaz

Sep 20, 2014, 8:13 AM

Post #7 of 10 (3238 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wilpharm] Aduana broker cannot nationalixze my vehicle and is avoiding sentding my fee and t

Happy to help. I can nationalize NAFTA cars if they start before Oct 15. Non-NAFTA is a different process and hope to start them in October. I have nationalized 87 cars to date. The costs are as low as 18000 pesos and up. and one only drives to nearest OXXO to take a photo to prove vehicle is in Mexico.

Have a great weekend

Sonia
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonia/252211011634302

darrellk

Sep 22, 2014, 8:32 AM

Post #8 of 10 (3104 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sonia Diaz] Aduana broker cannot nationalixze my vehicle and is avoiding sentding my fee and t

Hi Sonia
I live in Aguas so will it be plated for Aguas?

Sonia Diaz

Sep 22, 2014, 8:40 AM

Post #9 of 10 (3102 views)

Shortcut

Re: [darrellk] Aduana broker cannot nationalixze my vehicle and is avoiding sentding my fee and t

Sorry, I do not provide plates as the vehicle needs to be inspected by your local Rentas staff and your signatures and documents provided. I provide the legal pedimento and the factura. Please be ware of anyone offering plates when nationalizing as often they are stolen or fake.

saludos

Sonia
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonia/252211011634302

YucaLandia

Sep 23, 2014, 8:47 AM

Post #10 of 10 (2993 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
An Aduana broker in Laredo/N. Laredo that required I sent my fee ($2000 USD) and title in advance, now says he could not nationalize my vehicle due to a technicality. I asked for my title and money back by phone and email 2 weeks ago. He will not answer emails or phone calls. I sent the information as to where to mail the title and the bank account information he requested. I have been dealing with him since last April. Is there an attorney in Neuvo Laredo that I could get help from?
Tacito

Hi,
A few notes:
~ There are no "Aduana brokers". Aduana is a part of SAT, which is in charge of many things, including operating Mexico's customs offices at the borders. They are not "brokers".

~ "broker" is a term that is often used too loosely on internet web-boards.
Formally a customs broker who operates on the Mexican side of the border should be licensed and registered with Aduana/SAT. US customs brokers are similarly licensed.

~ This means that if you really did use a licensed broker, then you clearly have leverage to file a denuncia in Mexico and a claim w/ PROFECO - or to file a legal complaint against a licensed broker in the USA.

~ If however, you used a "facilitator" - who has no license and no formal standing nor formal registration with either the Mexican or US government, your difficulties multiply because they are simply unlicensed middle-men, who take a fee, but are not actually importing the vehicle (customs broker), nor officially processing the papers (Aduana).

A real customs broker files the legally required export papers for US used cars with the US govt., and also files the import paperwork with the Mex. Gob. A "facilitator" knows whom to contact and acts as your local representative at the border.

Personally, I believe in full disclosure: Individuals who advertise car import services on the internet, should identify whether they are licensed by the government, and are registered to actually perform the services they promise.

Alternately, people who sell their services here on Mexconnect could voluntarily describe whether they are ad hoc self-described "facilitators" - who act solely as a "go-between" - helper.

"Faclitators" do help many people who do not know how these things are done, and they can do very fine jobs at it, but as Tacito the OP may have found: Because the "facilitator" is not licensed, there are limits to the remediations that a customer can find when things go badly when dealing with an unlicensed, unbonded "facilitator".

Oscar Angulo is an example of a fine facilitator who has years of experience and years of customer's positive referrals. Oscar makes it clear to his customers that he is a "facilitator", and explains what services he provides.

Good luck resolving your $2,000 loss,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Sep 23, 2014, 8:52 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4