Forums  > General > General Forum
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

morgaine7

Sep 12, 2014, 7:51 AM

Post #26 of 29 (1557 views)

Shortcut

Re: [citlali] Watch out for fake IFE cards, how to verify them

Can't Post | Private Reply
I found out after about two or three years that my CURP was wrong and had to go get it changed. The Registro Civil had confused my names, so it read LOXC where it should have been COXM.

Kate

citlali

Sep 12, 2014, 8:10 AM

Post #27 of 29 (1550 views)

Shortcut

Re: [morgaine7] Watch out for fake IFE cards, how to verify them

Who told you it was wrong? The SRE accepted it when I got naturalized and I sure hate to have to change it after they took it, it sounds like it could be. another headache..

morgaine7

Sep 12, 2014, 8:27 AM

Post #28 of 29 (1546 views)

Shortcut

Re: [citlali] Watch out for fake IFE cards, how to verify them

I originally got the CURP with my old FM2 booklet, where my name read LAST FIRST MIDDLE MIDDLE. Later I saw the "formula" for the CURP and realized mine didn't match, so I asked the INM agent when I was renewing my FM2. He agreed that it was incorrect and sent me back to the Registro Civil. They said it was an error and immediately issued me a new one. I don't know if anyone would have noticed if I hadn't said anything, but since in my location the CURP was starting to be used for many official purposes, I figured it was best to have it right.

Kate

citlali

Sep 12, 2014, 12:31 PM

Post #29 of 29 (1518 views)

Shortcut

Re: [morgaine7] Watch out for fake IFE cards, how to verify them

I got mine from the Registro Civil but it looks wrong...Not sure if I want to say anything since SRE accepted it and I have been using i for the last 12 years without any problem. Maybe when someone tells me it is wrong I will worry you never know I could be dead before anyone mentions it and then it wil be too late...
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4