Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

twelveoaks

Aug 24, 2014, 6:22 AM

Post #1 of 4 (11792 views)

Shortcut

Can anyone give me a feel for the SMA colonias ?

Can't Post | Private Reply
My wife and I would like to move to SMA and plan on buying there. I have reviewed the listings
but cannot get a feel for the area.

Could anyone give us an idea of what colonias we might prefer ? We don't want to be too close to centro and are looking for a quiet, safe and clean colonia where the housing prices are mid range. A view would be nice but not mandatory.

RickS

Aug 24, 2014, 11:32 AM

Post #2 of 4 (11760 views)

Shortcut

Re: [twelveoaks] Can anyone give me a feel for the SMA colonias ?

Here's a start for you showing locations at least... I see that some of the Colonias 'outside' of the loops are not shown....such as El Secreto to the NW.

There is a Yahoo-Groups forum there called Civil_SMA that you could join and probably get some good (biased and unbiased I suppose) suggestions.

(This post was edited by RickS on Aug 24, 2014, 11:36 AM)

Brian

Aug 26, 2014, 5:46 AM

Post #3 of 4 (11682 views)

Shortcut

You mentioned safety as being one of your primary considerations. I would suggest you follow the More Security in San Miguel Facebook page. Here is a timely post:

https://m.facebook.com/...p;id=440092452768642

Sonia Diaz

Sep 5, 2014, 5:34 PM

Post #4 of 4 (11509 views)

Shortcut

Arascadero and also the development called El Paraiso. Many colonias are quite noisy. We live 2 miles from Liverpool in a rural setting yet 3 minutes to our daughter's private school. It is very quiet and for us best choice. We would not live within a km of centro. Six years in SMA and never a security issue but we do have 2 protective dogs. Ignore the web site Brian notes. Do not hesitate to ask questions.

Sonia
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonia/252211011634302

(This post was edited by Sonia Diaz on Sep 5, 2014, 5:35 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4