Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

vegaslover

Dec 9, 2002, 10:39 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2267 views)

Shortcut

Spring Break in Mazatlan

Can't Post |
In March we are booked to stay at Costa De Oro Beach Club. I realize this is spring break time. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience in Mazatlan during spring break before. I am not a prude and realize it could be wild. My question is,can my family and I get away from the kids or is it everywhere. Our oldest daughter has told us there will be kids having sex on the beach and vomit all over. Is it this bad are will we be able to avoid some of it by being in a different area or doing different activities. Our daughters are 18 and 21 so its not like they have not been around this atmosphere before. I am just wondering if we will be able to sleep at night and can we lay on the beach and enjoy ourselves.

Any past experiences are welcome.

John Ferguson

Dec 9, 2002, 11:02 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2229 views)

Shortcut

Re: [vegaslover] Spring Break in Mazatlan

Can't Post |
I was in Mazatlan during Spring Break of 2001 and plan to return this coming Spring Break. First, let me say that I always stay in Olas Oltas (Old Mazatlan), mainly because it is generally very peaceful. Nevertheless, I have stayed in the Golden Zone before. I continue to spend a lot of time there shopping and eating on every visit. I prefer the slow pace of the older part of Mazatlan, but the Golden Zone is a fun, bustling place to be in, too.

I have a specific recollection of having an awesome rib dinner at "The No Name Cafe" (that's the name, really) one evening there during Spring Break. A few people were trying to get a little rowdy (awful renditions of dirty dancing...you can imagine), but I though it was pretty tame. Other than that, I was surprised how little action was happening.

Spring Break lasts more than just one week, in a sense. Some people have their Spring Break (like I did) during the second week of March, while others have it the week after, etc. Because of this, I may have missed the big party crowd, but I would have no way of knowing that. Hopefully some other users will post their experiences here as well.

jkoster

Dec 12, 2002, 11:16 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2176 views)

Shortcut

Re: [vegaslover] Spring Break in Mazatlan

Can't Post |
Spring break isn't too bad, unless it coincides with Carnival. Then, all hell breaks loose.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4