Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

Aristo

Aug 15, 2014, 6:22 AM

Post #1 of 11 (8068 views)

Shortcut

Winter accommodation in Puerto Vallarta

Can't Post | Private Reply
Looking to rent an apartment with Internet connection in a quiet neighbourhood in Puerto Vallarta for the winter (mid-December to mid-April). No children, no pet. I do not smoke.

JRinPV

Aug 15, 2014, 8:39 AM

Post #2 of 11 (8044 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Aristo] Winter accommodation in Puerto Vallarta

Not many short/long term rentals online, much easier to find something on the ground. I would suggest inland from the Los Muertos beach area, in colonia Emiliano Zapata. You could get a room at one of the many economical hotels on F. Madero, like The Azteca, then pound the pavement, have means to write down phone numbers, you'll find many rentals in the area.
Also go to some of the 'gringo' bars, like 3rd base, Pour Favor, ¿Por K No? Escondida, Gringo Loco and Que?Pasa, and network, some of the best rentals come by 'word of mouth'
Some rentals online here, but limited for long term.
http://vallartainfo.com/rent.html

Aristo

Aug 15, 2014, 8:51 AM

Post #3 of 11 (8042 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JRinPV] Winter accommodation in Puerto Vallarta

Thanks for your reply to my post. As a matter of fact, I am planning to be in PV in the second week of September. I was there in March. The real estate agents are infuriating - although I communicate with them in Spanish, they either do not reply or they send me the wrong information.

I'm looking for an apartment with Internet connection for 3 months in the winter. I'm a freelance translator and need to remain in contact with my clients. Hence the need for a reliable Internet connection.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply to my post.

JRinPV

Aug 15, 2014, 9:23 AM

Post #4 of 11 (8032 views)

Shortcut

Real Estate people have little time for any sort of rental, it's doesn't produce much income for them.

donemry

Aug 16, 2014, 7:08 AM

Post #5 of 11 (7977 views)

Shortcut

Very nice villas here. Don't know your price range.

http://www.vallarta4u.com/index.html

JRinPV

Aug 17, 2014, 7:18 AM

Post #6 of 11 (7931 views)

Shortcut

Many places have WiFi these days, even the economical hotels, and all the bars, if you want to mix work with pleasure :)

sioux4noff

Aug 18, 2014, 12:46 PM

Post #7 of 11 (7872 views)

Shortcut

Many people I know use vrbo.com

esperanza

Aug 18, 2014, 1:54 PM

Post #8 of 11 (7860 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sioux4noff] Winter accommodation in Puerto Vallarta

More people I know are using airbnb.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Lilmsmaggie

Sep 3, 2014, 2:31 PM

Post #9 of 11 (7621 views)

Shortcut

I also would be interested in PV rentals, or I should say my niece is interested.

My niece will be looking at renting in the PV area around May/June 2015 for 6 months. She thought she had found something with Vistalegrerentals.com, but they're not responsive. May be Vistalegrerentals business is extremely slow, busy or they have a preference for real estate sales as opposed to rentals.

Anyway, if there are other suggestions in addition to those cited regarding PV rentals, I'd like to pass that information onto my niece.

Thanks
Dwain (aka Lilmsmaggie)

hunteradvisor

Sep 4, 2014, 1:15 PM

Post #10 of 11 (7562 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Lilmsmaggie] Winter accommodation in Puerto Vallarta

You may want to suggest your niece check Craigslist for PV. She could also go down and stay at one of the hostels and then look for rentals in person as most are found that way. Page in the Sun cafe has a board I believe for rentals. I would also check out the PV Couch Surfing site as there are many expats participating there and she might find a good temporary place to stay.
I have a friend who just gave up her 2 bedroom in Las Olas, my favorite area of PV for about 5000p per month.
Good Luck!
Isabel
www.RanchoSolyMar.com

Lilmsmaggie

Sep 5, 2014, 12:27 PM

Post #11 of 11 (7500 views)

Shortcut

Re: [hunteradvisor] Winter accommodation in Puerto Vallarta

Thanks Isabel ! - I've passed your suggestion on to my niece.

In Reply To
You may want to suggest your niece check Craigslist for PV. She could also go down and stay at one of the hostels and then look for rentals in person as most are found that way. Page in the Sun cafe has a board I believe for rentals. I would also check out the PV Couch Surfing site as there are many expats participating there and she might find a good temporary place to stay.
I have a friend who just gave up her 2 bedroom in Las Olas, my favorite area of PV for about 5000p per month.
Good Luck!

Dwain (aka Lilmsmaggie)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4