Forums  > General > General Forum

jeffie1

Aug 6, 2014, 7:56 AM

Post #1 of 7 (3374 views)

Shortcut

Residente Permanente and Importing Car

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello:

After receiving my Residente Permanente Card, how long do I have to bring my car out of Mexico and start the importation process?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

sparks

Aug 6, 2014, 7:59 AM

Post #2 of 7 (3367 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jeffie1] Residente Permanente and Importing Car

I would guess it needs to be done before you go permanent and are still legal

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

playaboy

Aug 6, 2014, 8:22 AM

Post #3 of 7 (3354 views)

Shortcut

As soon as you switch from Temp to Perm your car becomes illegal.

jeffie1

Aug 6, 2014, 10:17 AM

Post #4 of 7 (3331 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Residente Permanente and Importing Car

Let me rephrase my question please: I have sufficient income to qualify for an RP at my consulate in Texas. So my plan is to use the familia plan (as Rolly outlines) and enter Mexico with the RP Stamp on my passport and my wife would have a Visitante. I drive my loaded van into Mexico on a TIP, find a place to live and go to the local INM to begin the process to get my RP card (within the 30 day required period). I thought that after getting my RP card, I'd drive my van back to the USA and sell it and then take a bus back into Mexico where I'd buy a Mexican plated car. Is this plan doable please?

Thanks again,
Jeff

RickS

Aug 6, 2014, 11:07 AM

Post #5 of 7 (3315 views)

Shortcut

While not addressing your exact question..... have you considered that, if your wife's name is on the van's title that she, entering as a Residente Temporal, CAN get a TIP for the van. And I'm pretty sure that you, as her husband and even though a Residente Permanente can drive that vehicle legally. Rolly's info even states; "The car does not have to be in the name of the person registering it, but the actual owner must be present or you must have a letter of permission from the owner."

If all of this is not 'true', I'm sure someone will (rightly) correct this post......

sparks

Aug 6, 2014, 11:33 AM

Post #6 of 7 (3300 views)

Shortcut

Might be what the "Returno Seguro" is good for .... I can't think of anything else they would be used for

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

Sonia Diaz

Aug 19, 2014, 6:32 AM

Post #7 of 7 (3079 views)

Shortcut

With a preapproved Permanent Resident visa my clients have received a 30 day TIP.

Note, if you do not have your visa in your possession in those 30 days (and some INM offices are taking at least 30 days) you will need a travel letter to exit and return. That letter is only issued after you have been finger printed and approved for issuance of your visa. Here in SMA that is taking 2 weeks. The travel letter is taking 1 business day. In these cases you have about 15 days left to exit. No returno seguro is needed when within the 30 day TIP period.

Sonia

In Reply To
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonia/252211011634302

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4