Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Mexico City & Surroundings

chinagringo

Jul 25, 2014, 7:01 AM

Post #1 of 16 (12110 views)

Shortcut

Hoy No Circula regulations.

Can't Post | Private Reply
On another forum, Esperanza makes the statement that the Hoy No Circula regulations extend into Puebla. I hope that I am correct in assuming that she is talking the State of Puebla and not the City of Puebla?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

esperanza

Jul 25, 2014, 7:27 AM

Post #2 of 16 (12100 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Hoy No Circula regulations.

In Reply To
On another forum, Esperanza makes the statement that the Hoy No Circula regulations extend into Puebla. I hope that I am correct in assuming that she is talking the State of Puebla and not the City of Puebla?

For now, it's the State of Puebla. But Puebla authorities are discussing the implications of extending Hoy No Circula into the CITY of Puebla. Read here:

http://www.oem.com.mx/...a/notas/n3453804.htm

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

(This post was edited by RickS on Jul 25, 2014, 10:54 AM)

chinagringo

Jul 25, 2014, 7:48 AM

Post #3 of 16 (12098 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Hoy No Circula regulations.

Thank you! I was just concerned because we will be driving a rental car for four days in the Puebla area in August and I really didn't want any surprises.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

citlali

Jul 29, 2014, 5:05 AM

Post #4 of 16 (11999 views)

Shortcut

China,
our friend from Puebla just sent me an e.mail to told me there is no hoy circula in Puebla State or city as we speak so do not worry about going going out of town.. I sure hope it stays that way...

esperanza

Jul 29, 2014, 7:00 AM

Post #5 of 16 (11986 views)

Shortcut

Re: [citlali] Hoy No Circula regulations.

In Reply To
China,
our friend from Puebla just sent me an e.mail to told me there is no hoy circula in Puebla State or city as we speak so do not worry about going going out of town.. I sure hope it stays that way...

Citlali, could you please ask your friend about the following paragraph re Hoy No Circula? http://www.sedema.df.gob.mx/...estados-con-convenio

citlali

Jul 29, 2014, 7:12 AM

Post #6 of 16 (11979 views)

Shortcut

I sent him your link and we will see what he says. He works for the State for the office of tourism and travel extensively by car for them so he should know
. We go through there taking the Arco Norte , stay in Puebla and then go through Vera Cruz and have not seen any sins on Hoy no circula either and have never been stopped so we will see but so ar have never been stopped or told it was in effect.

esperanza

Jul 29, 2014, 9:05 AM

Post #7 of 16 (11961 views)

Shortcut

Re: [citlali] Hoy No Circula regulations.

Thanks, I will be very interested to hear his response.

tonyburton / Moderator

Jul 29, 2014, 12:15 PM

Post #8 of 16 (11944 views)

Shortcut

At present, I believe this is only a "suggestion" - as per the title of the link you included: "Sugieren extender 'Hoy No Circula' a entidades como Puebla".
Similar suggestions have been made several times in the past but have never come to anything because they require the coordination of different municipalities and states. However, who knows?, maybe eventually the Day Without A Car area will indeed be extended to include Puebla, Toluca, etc?

chinagringo

Jul 29, 2014, 12:55 PM

Post #9 of 16 (11937 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Hoy No Circula regulations.

Since pollution issues can be exacerbated by topography and weather conditions, would a "one size fits all approach" developed for Mexico City presumably work for the City of Puebla?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

tonyburton / Moderator

Jul 29, 2014, 1:26 PM

Post #10 of 16 (11933 views)

Shortcut

In terms of practicalities (information, education, enforcement, etc), then a "one size fits all" is almost certainly the best approach for what is (in essence) a single conurbation/megalopolis.

esperanza

Jul 29, 2014, 9:29 PM

Post #11 of 16 (11908 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
At present, I believe this is only a "suggestion" - as per the title of the link you included: "Sugieren extender 'Hoy No Circula' a entidades como Puebla".
Similar suggestions have been made several times in the past but have never come to anything because they require the coordination of different municipalities and states. However, who knows?, maybe eventually the Day Without A Car area will indeed be extended to include Puebla, Toluca, etc?

Tony, check this link again, please. It doesn't look like a 'suggestion' to me.
http://www.sedema.df.gob.mx/...estados-con-convenio

tonyburton / Moderator

Jul 30, 2014, 6:18 AM

Post #12 of 16 (11896 views)

Shortcut

So far as I see it, that document only describes the validity of verification tests/stickers from other states - ie there are now emissions tests in many states, but only stickers from those listed have validity in Mexico D.F.
The area where "Hoy no circula" applies remains unchanged.

citlali

Jul 30, 2014, 8:11 AM

Post #13 of 16 (11879 views)

Shortcut

I know for a fact that the city is not afeected neiher is the acces to the city from Arco Norte wether the areas of Puebla directly adjacent to Mexico Stae of DF are affected I do not know but for someone coming from Arco Norte to the city and going south or East of there there is are no restrictions.
I have asked my friend for clarifications but I know he is on the road so I do not have an answer yet.

playaboy

Aug 1, 2014, 6:51 AM

Post #14 of 16 (11816 views)

Shortcut

China, there is a tourist pass good for 14 day. http://www.sedema.df.gob.mx/...es-el-pase-turistico I got pulled over by a transito, showed him the pass, and was sent on my way.

(This post was edited by Rolly on Aug 1, 2014, 7:52 AM)

chinagringo

Aug 1, 2014, 7:41 AM

Post #15 of 16 (11803 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Hoy No Circula regulations.

Thanks playaboy! I bookmarked the page for future reference while fully realizing that it may change a number of times before we get our act together to travel that area. For this trip, we are entering and exiting Puebla from the Arco Norte and exploring within the general metropolitan zone. Current info is that we will not need any type of pass this trip.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

AlanMexicali

Aug 2, 2014, 3:53 AM

Post #16 of 16 (11766 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
So far as I see it, that document only describes the validity of verification tests/stickers from other states - ie there are now emissions tests in many states, but only stickers from those listed have validity in Mexico D.F.
The area where "Hoy no circula" applies remains unchanged.

The website does not mention the state of San Luis Potosí. They used to allow the emission control stickers from our state exemption, however our state closed all the emission control verification stations about 1 1/2 years ago so I see they updated the website and it is no longer included.

When driving by one verification station beside the freeway I used to see 90% taxi in the line. Maybe no one else did it so they gave up?

Now we use the "Tourist Pass" option which is free with no problem.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4