Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

mmann

Jul 29, 2014, 3:20 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3055 views)

Shortcut

Driving from Texas to Guadalajara?

Can't Post | Private Reply
In Mid August around the 20th +/- my girlfriend and I need to get to Guadalajara, Mexico for school from Texas. We would be very happy to help share the costs for gas if you are driving about that time. If you are going there or in that direction please reply so that we can discuss this. Thank You.

jreboll

Jul 29, 2014, 7:41 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3023 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mmann] Driving from Texas to Guadalajara?

At the beginning of August my wife and I are taking an overnight bus to Morelia from Reynosa. At other times we have taken the one going to GDL
If you want details PM me.

wbstut

Jul 31, 2014, 6:19 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2933 views)

Shortcut

Why dont you take the bus. I think it will be more or less the same price.

I found the following info about taking the bus from Texas.

It looks like you have at least 3 choices: the two you've mentioned and Grupo Senda, which also leaves from Houston and gets you all the way to Guadalajara, just like the Greyhound. I've taken Grupo Senda before, from Laredo to Guadalajara and back, and these buses are excellent--much more comfortable than your normal Greyhound bus. On the other hand, the Greyhound fare appears to be cheaper ($102 vs 148 for the Grupo Senda). Given the transfer time you'll have in Nuevo Laredo, it's going to be about a 24 hour trip regardless of the option you choose. It's about 12-14 hours to Guadalajara, once you get to Nuevo Laredo.

http://ticket.gruposenda.com/index.php

If you decide to take a Greyhound bus to the border, and then a Mexican bus line to Guadalajara, I suggest you choose ETN at www.etn.com.mx. On this bus, you'll be even more comfortable, but going this route will be about the same price as taking the Grupo Senda. ETN doesn't go to Houston, so again, you'll have to take it in Laredo.

On both Grupo Senda and ETN, you'll get to choose your seat when you make the reservation, which for me is always a plus. On Greyhound, it looks like that option is not available.

Also I saw that vivaaerobus has real cheap prices. You can fly Houston Monterey Guadalajara.

Wouter
Learn Spanish in Mexico

rvgringo

Aug 1, 2014, 11:26 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2882 views)

Shortcut

If McAllen, TX is convenient for you, Grupo Senda and others depart from the downtown bus station to Mexican destinations.
We once took the 3.5 hour bus to Monterrey, got off at an Airport turn-off and found a taxi at the bus stop, which we took to the Airport. Interjet then flew us to GDL in an hour. Travel time: 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM with time for lunch in the Monterrey airport.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4