Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Intercasa

Jul 24, 2014, 10:42 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3302 views)

Shortcut

What to do if you lose your visa outside Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
If you lose your Mexican immigration card outside Mexico you need a special visa to enter Mexico, if you enter as a tourist then they will cancel your old temporary or permanent. You need a police report, photo, passport and payment of a small fee.

I have been fighting with many Mexican consulates as they do not know what to do, I have made a sheet from their own manual telling them how to help foreigners in this situation, if you need it, print this file and bring it with you to avoid suffering consequences in Mexico for their bad advice.

www.chapalalaw.com/RoboExtravioVisa.pdf
Mexican licensed attorney (Cédula #7928026) and official court translator (Perito Traductor). Mx 376-765-7553, USA 805-683-4848

YucaLandia

Jul 24, 2014, 11:11 AM

Post #2 of 3 (3295 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Intercasa] What to do if you lose your visa outside Mexico

Here in Merida, INM has the person jump through yet more hoops: After losing your INM residente permit while in the USA, even a US passport is not sufficient for proof of identity to get a replacement residente permit. They force foreigners who lost their residente tarjeta (while abroad) to make a special trip to our Yucatan State Ficalia Publica office to get a Yucatan state certification where the foreigner submits their passport, along with a comprabante, to prove that they are who they say they are. Only with that Yucatan state certification, INM will start the process for getting another residente card. (that was the policy in 2013)

Spencer,
When the foreigner returns to Jalisco, does your INM office have any additional/extra requirements? (or is the Merida INM requirement an artifact?)
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Jul 24, 2014, 11:35 AM)

morgaine7

Jul 24, 2014, 1:37 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3265 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Intercasa] What to do if you lose your visa outside Mexico

Yikes. Unless one happens to be near a consulate, it sounds like an expensive process, not least by forcing an extension of the trip. My internal cash register tallies it up to $1,000 US or more. Many thanks for the info, and I'll try very hard not to lose my RP card!

Kate

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4