Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

prorader

Jul 24, 2014, 9:53 AM

Post #1 of 3 (6004 views)

Shortcut

Cashing US Checks

Can't Post | Private Reply
I do not live in Ajijic anymore but go about every 2 months to Actinver to deposit a personal check from BOA. My long time account manager says no more checks until the middle of Aug, and this includes all banks and investment houses. He says what is coming the US is going to be auditing all Mexican US accounts this next year for all that have 1 million or more, and then by 2016 all accounts of $50,000.00 or more? I have not been active on any BB lately so it was a big surprise to me. I know BOA has a wire transfer but anything over $1,000.00 you have to have a safe pass which you can only get in the US at a branch

joaquinx

Jul 24, 2014, 10:20 AM

Post #2 of 3 (5995 views)

Shortcut

Re: [prorader] Cashing US Checks

[replyI know BOA has a wire transfer but anything over $1,000.00 you have to have a safe pass which you can only get in the US at a branch

I ordered a Safe Pass and it was sent to my US address where it was then FedEx to me. It cost 20 usd.

You could look into xoom.com which is cheaper than a wire from BofA.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

(This post was edited by joaquinx on Jul 24, 2014, 10:21 AM)

barmarr

Jul 31, 2014, 10:34 PM

Post #3 of 3 (5837 views)

Shortcut

Re: [prorader] Cashing US Checks

Are you talking US dollars or pesos when you refer to 1 million and $50,000.00 in your post?

Thanks

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4