Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Drjohnl

Jul 14, 2014, 12:36 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2321 views)

Shortcut

hotel/motel which will take 1 dog, Torreon, Coahuila

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anyone know of a place to stay overnight in Torreon, Coahuila, which will take one dog with two adults for one night. Have been looking for several hours for one and cannot find a single one on the internet. Need to stay there on the way to San Francisco, Nayarit. Help please!

Rolly

Jul 14, 2014, 2:20 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2308 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Drjohnl] hotel/motel which will take 1 dog, Torreon, Coahuila

Hotels will almost never allow animals. Motels usually will. You won' find motels on the internet; you'l have to seek them, but they're not hard to find.

Since you ask about Torreón rather than Gómez Palacio, I'll assume your are coming from the east on highway 40. The toll road ends well before Torreón, so you will have several miles of surface highway before you reach the controlled access of the Periférico (the new fancy peripheral highway). Along the surface highway, you'll find several motels. Keep a sharp eye because many do not have a very obvious presence.

The next day, continue west on the highway. Follow the signs to Durango. It's quite a long way to the entrance to the toll road continuing west. If you miss the turn off from the Periférico, don't worry, just stay on the Periférico past Gómez Palacio and Lerdo (where I live). Don't panic when you are past the cities and out in the country because you'll come to another entrance to the toll road that you cannot possibility miss. Personally this is the way I would go.

Rolly Pirate

(This post was edited by Rolly on Jul 14, 2014, 2:23 PM)

Drjohnl

Jul 14, 2014, 2:49 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2294 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] hotel/motel which will take 1 dog, Torreon, Coahuila

Thank you so much for your quick and really helpful reply Rolly.

We will do as you suggest as it is the case, as you point out, that none of the hotel chains such as Hilton Hampton Inn which accept pets sometimes in the US will accept pets in the Torreon area.

I think we will get to Gomez Palacio or Lerdo and stay there for the night.

Thank you for helping us as I was starting to believe I might have to sleep with the dog in our SUV.

I enjoy studying Rollybrook.com a lot.

We especially appreciate hearing from you as you are our authority on all things Mexico--and doubly appreciate your help as we understand you have "retired" from Mexconnect!

(This post was edited by RickS on Jul 14, 2014, 7:58 PM)

Rolly

Jul 14, 2014, 4:49 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2278 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Drjohnl] hotel/motel which will take 1 dog, Torreon, Coahuila

I "retired" briefly when I was near blindness, but after my cataract surgery, I rejoined the fray.

Rolly Pirate

tonyburton

Jul 14, 2014, 6:52 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2264 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] hotel/motel which will take 1 dog, Torreon, Coahuila

Yes, thank goodness that your surgery was a success ~ especially since we have no idea what we'd do without you! Please put off your retirement from MexConnect for a VERY VERY long time!!
A public thanks, echoed I'm sure by many, for your wonderful contributions to the success of this site.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4