Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

MayaDoc

Jul 1, 2014, 8:42 AM

Post #1 of 4 (9267 views)

Shortcut

-Anyone know what Valle de Bravo and Tepoztlan are like?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm wondering if V. de Bravo is a good choice for a visit while working my way back to Mexico City (from Queretaro) by bus? I'm trying to decide between it and Tepoztlan. I'm a nature lover who enjoys hiking and I appreciate history, arquitecture, everything about Mexican culture and its people. I'd be grateful to receive feedback about these places.

Hasta luego,
MayaDoc

esperanza

Jul 1, 2014, 9:31 AM

Post #2 of 4 (9255 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MayaDoc] -Anyone know what Valle de Bravo and Tepoztlan are like?

Tepoztlán, a pretty little town on the way to Cuernavaca, is not on the way from Querétaro to Mexico City, but if you happen to be near there on a weekend, it's an attractive place to visit. Great tianguis, beautiful old ex-convento and churgh, great municipal market, a couple of decent restaurants, a good cliff to climb. VERY touristy.

Valle de Bravo is a weekend destination for DF residents--also not on the way from Querétaro to the DF and also very touristy.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

sparks

Jul 2, 2014, 7:13 AM

Post #3 of 4 (9207 views)

Shortcut

To get to either I imagine it's Mexico City first ..... not on the way to. Tepoztlan by bus on the weekend might not be too bad but the place can be a ZOO with weekend tourists. For a serious visit I'd go during the week

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

tonyburton / Moderator

Jul 2, 2014, 7:33 AM

Post #4 of 4 (9194 views)

Shortcut

Given your self-description, I'd choose Tepoztlán over Valle de Bravo every time. Note that Tepoztlán (as accurately described by Esperanza), in the state of Morelos (the far side of Mexico City from Querétaro), is not to be confused with Tepotzotlán which is located close to the final toll station entering Mexico City from Querétaro - Tepotzotlán is in the state of México and is home to the truly outstanding Museum of Viceroyalty of New Spain (colonial religious art).

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4