Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

claytonsedona

Jun 29, 2014, 9:11 PM

Post #1 of 10 (8077 views)

Shortcut

Pizza Benji's

| Private Reply
Has anyone been to Pizza Benji's on Stone Island (Isla de Los Chivos) in the last 60 days? We need to get ahold of Juan, the owner, or his grand daughter Anita, and both phone numbers we have for them are not working since May. Any info we can get would be appreciated. Is Pizza Benji's still open? Is Juan still alive? Respond to clayton.sedona@gmail.com or on this forum if you know anything. Thanks. Clayton

chicois8

Jun 30, 2014, 8:24 AM

Post #2 of 10 (8045 views)

Shortcut

Re: [claytonsedona] Pizza Benji's

| Private Reply
Isla de las Chivos = goat island, a small island off the coast of Mazatlan..

Isla de las Piedras= stone island..Not really and island but a peninsula across from the port of Mazatlan...

Which are you asking about?.
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

claytonsedona

Jun 30, 2014, 8:50 AM

Post #3 of 10 (8033 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chicois8] Pizza Benji's

| Private Reply
Why did you reply when you obviously have never been there? The two "islands" are connected. Most people just call it Stone Island but Pizza Benji's is on the Goat Island section of it.

rockydog85251

Jun 30, 2014, 9:00 AM

Post #4 of 10 (8028 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Goat Island is across from the Golden Zone along with Bird and Deer Islands....Stone Island is south of the port entrance between Estrella de Mar and the city. It is a misnomer in that it really is a peninsula.
Willie

chicois8

Jun 30, 2014, 9:15 AM

Post #5 of 10 (8020 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I have been there twice, actually I have driven to this scorpion infested Peninsula ....But if you want to think your on a island so be it...
San Mateo, California

claytonsedona

Jun 30, 2014, 10:54 AM

Post #6 of 10 (8001 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rockydog85251] Pizza Benji's

| Private Reply
You and Chicois8 are a couple of yoyos, and neither of you know what you are talking about. I lived there. All I asked was if anyone had seen Juan or his grand daughter and you two reply with errored geography lessons.

rockydog85251

Jun 30, 2014, 11:24 AM

Post #7 of 10 (7996 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
You may have lived here but I DO live here and have LIVED here for the past 18 yrs!
We don't usually frequent Stone Is. as it is difficult for my husband to negotiate the panga water taxis so I don't know anything about Pizza Benji's....have you tried to google them to see if they might have changed numbers or locations?
You might also pose your question on the local Mazaltan forum called Mazinfo.
Good luck from a local yoyo..........
Willie

claytonsedona

Jun 30, 2014, 2:54 PM

Post #8 of 10 (7971 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
With all due respect, Goat Island is not across from the Gold Zone. When you get off the water taxi after crossing the harbor at Embarcadera Sur by the ferry, you are on Stone Island. Straight over the hill is the beach and all the restaraunts. Or, you can turn right and walk a few hundred yards to Goat Island. I am still at a loss as to why you replied with a geography answer at first. And yes, I have googled for the info, and for some reason Mazinfo won,t accept my registration via my tablet.

rockydog85251

Jun 30, 2014, 5:07 PM

Post #9 of 10 (7955 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I have taken the liberty of copying and pasting your original inquiry into the mazinfo forum...maybe someone over there can help.
Hopefully you can read the forum without registering.
Willie

chicois8

Jun 30, 2014, 6:58 PM

Post #10 of 10 (7940 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Rockydog, I see the OP's mistake, by looking at Google Maps and zooming in on "Stone Island" there is a piece of land connected to it...The map refers to that as Escollera de las Chivas which translates to Breakwater of the Goats, which could not be an island like the OP stated but part of the peninsula because it is connected to the mainland...You and I are correct by stating Isla de Chivas is by the golden zone...........
San Mateo, California

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4