Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

GreatJourney

Jun 27, 2014, 8:07 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1755 views)

Shortcut

Drive my car to Oaxaca or Veracruz from Texas

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hey all, I am an American and we have a property and home in Oaxaca since yr 2000.

I am in USA now (along with one of our 3 Mexico cars) and spouse at our place in Oax. If you or anyone you know want to drive thru Mexico, down to Oaxaca or to any destination in route (even detour via coast if you want), we are offering our car to drive.

Car is ready in Dallas, Texas! Book to depart anytime thru July 15 or I will drive it down there myself.

NO rent fee. You pay gas and tollway charges- if you choose to take tollways. You can choose your route but the car must be taken care of and not taken off road, on beach, etc. Will provide list of rules. Does not matter really, you will have a chaperone when you get to Mexico (bilingual) will meet you at border to drive or ride and guide so you can sight see to the destination you want. So, it is a great deal really, a free guide plus a free ride ;)

Why so "free?" We want to get the car back to our Mexico house this month to fit our own travel and life and business plans. Figured I would throw this out there and see if it fits anybody.

Personal car drivers are high from Dallas to Mexico, but for tourists same thing on that end even worse... figured it could be a win win to offer our car for somebody. Car seats 8 but hello I have two kids and we can pack it full of our luggage and just 4 of us. So if you travel with a light backpack, then you can put more people in here (up to 7 since there will be a driver for you in Mx) but if it is two people you can bring loads of luggage.

Vehicle has low miles 2 yrs old, driven short jaunts in our town and state of Oaxaca, also Oax to Cancun and back, and back and forth to Texas USA twice. It has 15000 miles on it. Comfy leather interior with all the gadgets and toys, watch dvd movies on a screen from the whole way down if you want, and exterior clean of dents or issues, UTD on maintenance records, insured in Mx and USA, Texas inspected too, double insured by Banorte insurance for Mx and USA and also in USA with State Farm, and pristine clean- and I intend for it to remain this way so if you are a car trasher do not respond :)

Contact me if interested, I will provide more details and you can give me your details. Departure from Dallas July 1 to July 14. You MUST provide references!!! NO exceptions!!! Happy to provide refs on my end as well!!! (plus lots of thoughts about what we've seen in all these years!)

Cheers, and thanks for replies I totally welcome questions!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4