Intercasa

Jun 24, 2014, 9:23 AM

Post #1 of 8 (6337 views)

Shortcut

Mexican Law Enforcement Vehicles

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello all, here is part of my new guide, Mexican Law Enforcement Vehicles

http://www.chapalalaw.com/Mxpolice.pdf
Mexican licensed attorney (Cédula #7928026) and official court translator (Perito Traductor). Mx 376-765-7553, USA 805-683-4848

WilliamG

Oct 6, 2014, 4:23 PM

Post #2 of 8 (4846 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Intercasa] Mexican Law Enforcement Vehicles

Thanks for this. There is a policia who drives one of the white trucks, policia vial, along the Carretera in Ajijic. He stopped us recently for not wearing seatbelts and insisted that we give him $900pesos or risk imprisonment.

He stuck his hand in the window, down low, so we could count the bills into his hand. So, just FYI, watch out for this guy. He stopped us in front of the Yellow Bank building, and I have seen him there often, usually stopping cars with foreign license plates.

cbviajero

Oct 6, 2014, 4:53 PM

Post #3 of 8 (4841 views)

Shortcut

Re: [WilliamG] Mexican Law Enforcement Vehicles

Why didn't you ask him for the ticket instead of paying an exorbitant bribe and in doing so encourage more of this type of behavior?
Nobody goes to jail for not wearing seatbelts.

WilliamG

Oct 6, 2014, 5:03 PM

Post #4 of 8 (4835 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbviajero] Mexican Law Enforcement Vehicles

We asked for a ticket. He absolutely did not want to write one.

Told us it would go very badly for us. Insisted that we pay. So, because we had an appointment that we needed to get to, finally paid him off. We were victims of the corruption, not the ones at fault.

Plus, do not want to be hassled later as a result of arguing with a crooked cop.

tashby

Oct 6, 2014, 5:26 PM

Post #5 of 8 (4827 views)

Shortcut

Sorry this happened to you WilliamG. The Tránsito in Ajijic are notorious for this type of behavior. Many of them - but not all - are corrupt, and yes, you are the victim. But the sad news is.... that's the way it is here. For a mordida-seeking traffic cop, Ajijic is paradise with all the foreigners that come through. He gamed you, you caved in, and you paid an excessive amount of money.

It would probably be worth your while to talk to a (good) local attorney who often works with foreigners so you can learn where you stand re simple traffic stops. The alternative is to be an easy target for money, whenever you're spotted in your car. Good luck.

sparks

Oct 6, 2014, 5:50 PM

Post #6 of 8 (4819 views)

Shortcut

Fat guy in a Chevy/Ford pickup got me about 5-6 years ago. Same guy still around ??

I had a dentist appointment, first time I was ever stopped and he got me for 200.

Just insist on a ticket and be late for your appointment. Told my dentist after and she said you should have called me. She was ready to give the police hell for molesting her business

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

tashby

Oct 6, 2014, 6:32 PM

Post #7 of 8 (4811 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Mexican Law Enforcement Vehicles

Fat guy in a Chevy/Ford pickup got me about 5-6 years ago. Same guy still around ??

Pffffffft. You'll have to be more specific than that!

cbviajero

Oct 6, 2014, 7:10 PM

Post #8 of 8 (4802 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] Mexican Law Enforcement Vehicles

In Reply To

Pffffffft. You'll have to be more specific than that!

Jaja,it was probably the one with the moustache...

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4