Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Mexicanbill

Jun 7, 2014, 3:43 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2895 views)

Shortcut

Car Pass Refund

Can't Post | Private Reply
On March 12, 2014 on our trip back to the states, we stopped at Allende and processed out the car. The lady had us remove the sticker from the window and return it with the paper it came with, and we continued on our trip.

It has been a couple of months and we have not yet been credited with the $400 deposit we made before taking the car into Mexico in September of 2013.

She told us the refund should only take about 6 to 8 days.

Has this ever happened to anyone and if so, how did you go about getting your refund?

We will be driving back to PV in about 3 more months and could sure use the money to get the next sticker.

Thanks for any information you can shed on this problem
Chef William aka MexicanBill

stevebrtx

Jun 7, 2014, 6:35 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2872 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mexicanbill] Car Pass Refund

It's a complex issue designed as a "gotcha" I think. If you came in on a FMM for 180 days, or less, and your TIP gave you 180 days you should have received your deposit as I understand it.

Another variation is; I came in on a new Temporal approval and they gave me only 30 days on the TIP, I was required to notify Aduana 15 days after arriving, it took nearly a month to get the actual Temporal and by that time I forgot about notifying Aduana, so my $300 was/is toast. I was in Spencers the other day getting the Aduana approved paperwork I should have got last Fall as I'll be going to TX in a few weeks and it's easier to just hand them paper if stopped.

According to Spencers office if I had notified Aduana as soon as I got the Temporal I'd probably get the deposit back, as it is - "gotcha".
http://www.chapalaweather.net

chicois8

Jun 7, 2014, 8:29 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2847 views)

Shortcut

Here is what usually happens to me:
I park next to the booth, I hand the person the paperwork, they enter the info into the computer, I open my car door and they photograph the VIN number, they scrape off the sticker and hold it in front of a reader witch reads it, hand me back the paper work that is stamped and I am off, within 3 days there is a credit on my card...
Did you count your days?
Did you call your CC company?
Do you still have your paid receipt from Banerjicto ?........... suerte
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

playaboy

Jun 7, 2014, 9:13 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2839 views)

Shortcut

Did they give you a receipt for cancelling the TIP? Without that your car could still be on their computers as still being in Mexico.

Mexicanbill

Jun 9, 2014, 4:08 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2716 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Car Pass Refund

We went through all those steps, now the secret is to find the reciept..I am sure I have it someplace, but it will be fun finding it.............thanks for the help
Chef William aka MexicanBill

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4