Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

hunteradvisor

May 21, 2014, 5:41 AM

Post #1 of 3 (4219 views)

Shortcut

Columbia Crossing

Can't Post | Private Reply
Came through Columbia crossing yesterday without a hitch. Canceled our tip in less than 5 minutes, deposit was credited back to same card we used to make it originally. We did not see anywhere going out to have our passports stamped, RP & hubby's RT checked as the next thing we knew we were at the US agent. Oh well! There was a ton of traffic and we waited along time to get past the international traffic crossing to get over to Columbia so my advice is stay to the left and pass all of the trucks, we didn't know that (they don't mind). We took the Guadalajara-Guanajuato-Matehuala route with no trouble and were able to see our dentist in the 1st stop and friends in the 2nd. Could not find any real alternatives to Las Palmas in Matehuala as it is basically a wasteland heading north unless you go I to the cities. Left at 7:30 am and made San Antonio late afternoon.
Isabel
www.RanchoSolyMar.com

Nancy in Pátzcuaro

May 21, 2014, 3:40 PM

Post #2 of 3 (4166 views)

Shortcut

Re: [hunteradvisor] Columbia Crossing

We haven't personally stayed at this hotel, but friends have and found it a good alternative to Las Palmas, which to be honest is in need of upgrading.

http://www.delparquehotel.com/

The hotel is in town, not on the highway, and has underground secure parking, a pretty good restaurant, and comfortable rooms. Check it out next time you go to the border. We intend to do just that the next time we drive north.

Nancy in Pátzcuaro

RickS

May 21, 2014, 4:14 PM

Post #3 of 3 (4155 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Nancy in Pátzcuaro] Columbia Crossing

I think that Isabel was suggesting that, other than Matehuala, motels from there north are hard to find so they stayed again at Las Palmas. I have certainly found this to be true without going 'into' the Saltillo area. Matehuala is too soon to stop and Nuevo Laredo is too far to drive.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4