Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

steve.lafler

May 7, 2014, 6:32 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2956 views)

Shortcut

Laredo Crossing Soon

Can't Post | Private Reply
Leaving very soon for the states, crossing into Texas at Laredo. Upon hearing of the recent violence in Tamaulipas, does anyone have any insight into what to look out for? Any advice?

I saw lots of Federal police cars on my last trip up 57 through San Luis Potosi and up through Laredo some months back. It seemed mellow on the whole compared to the past several years.

Altahabana

May 7, 2014, 7:12 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2947 views)

Shortcut

Re: [steve.lafler] Laredo Crossing Soon

The recent violence has not affected Nuevo Laredo. If you stay on the autopista between Monterrey and NL you won't need to look out for anything other than the usual highway hazards.

steve.lafler

May 7, 2014, 8:00 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2939 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Altahabana] Laredo Crossing Soon

Thanks much. We appreciate it.

los arboles resident

May 9, 2014, 6:50 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2859 views)

Shortcut

Re: [steve.lafler] Laredo Crossing Soon

Went thru Nuevo Laredo today. Traffic was very light after noon at border crossing.
Trip from SLP was also very quiet, Lots of trucks though. One military road station slowed us down a bit.
TIP refund went very smoothly. Personnel at TIP booth directed us to return our tourist card at office nearby booth 1. Everybody was super nice.

steve.lafler

May 9, 2014, 7:06 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2855 views)

Shortcut

Re: [los arboles resident] Laredo Crossing Soon

We went through a few hours later. It was a breeze, the only prob I had was I couldn't tell if any TIP return booth was open, it looked like no one was on duty, then a window washer guy pointed out which one had a worker in it. It took three minutes to return the sticker and get a receipt; I tipped the window washer 5 pesos.

We found the road conditions exactly as you described.

Oddly, a wild wind and lightning storm hit the minute we reached Laredo!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4