Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

tacito

Apr 17, 2014, 11:31 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3131 views)

Shortcut

aduana location at the Columbia Bridge Nuevo Laredo

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am having trouble with Google maps seeing the name of the highway that the Aduana is on at the Columbia Bridge on the Mexican side. Is it on Libramento Mex 2? Is that road also called Carretera Monterrey Columbia? I need the Aduana where the TIPS are issued and will be coming from Nuevo Laredo.
Thanks to anyone who can help with directions.
Tacito

Altahabana

Apr 18, 2014, 5:36 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3087 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tacito] aduana location at the Columbia Bridge Nuevo Laredo

The Aduana-Migration Station-- where you would get the TIP--- is at the bridge. It is not on Highway 2, which is the highway that runs between Nuevo Laredo and Piedras Negras. The following link is an aerial photo of the area.

http://www.cavetexas.org/...Crossingcroped-2.pdf

My question is why would you go to Columbia Bridge to get the TIP and the FMM if you are already in Nuevo Laredo? Those services are available in Nuevo Laredo at the station that is located between the two downtown bridges on the riverbank.

(This post was edited by RickS on Apr 18, 2014, 9:02 AM)

RickS

Apr 18, 2014, 9:06 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3061 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Altahabana] aduana location at the Columbia Bridge Nuevo Laredo

Altahabana, that is a great .pdf file showing, in wonderful detail, the ends-and-outs of the Columbia crossing! I don't know the source but are there ones available like this for other border crossings? What a help that would be.

Altahabana

Apr 18, 2014, 11:19 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3049 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] aduana location at the Columbia Bridge Nuevo Laredo

I found it by Googling. It looks like it was done by some cave exploring organization. I don't know there are similar aerial shots of other border crossings.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4