Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Lilmsmaggie

Mar 26, 2014, 3:58 PM

Post #1 of 3 (8201 views)

Shortcut

San Miguel - Getting there

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi,

I've been considering a visit to SMA. Not sure when, maybe this fall (Sept/Oct.) or perhaps the following year. I live in northern California near Sacramento.

Do most visitors, etc. fly into Bajio or Queretaro? Neither seems to be close and it looks like either airport requires the traveler to hire a taxi or take a bus into SMA. Somewhere I read that although closer, flying into Queretaro is more expensive.

So, my question is what are the pros and cons of flying into Bajio or Queretaro?

Just trying to figure out how to get there from here ...

Thanks in advance.
Dwain (aka Lilmsmaggie)

chinagringo

Mar 26, 2014, 4:15 PM

Post #2 of 3 (8197 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Lilmsmaggie] San Miguel - Getting there

Taking a wild guess based upon posts on various forums but I would probably say Leon? Keep in mind that Mexico City or Guadalajara are larger airports and sometimes cheaper flights and excellent bus options out of either city.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Sonia Diaz

Mar 31, 2014, 11:44 AM

Post #3 of 3 (8139 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Lilmsmaggie] San Miguel - Getting there

Your main options are Queretaro, Leon (BJX) or Mexico City. Usually Mexico City is cheapest.

There are shuttles from Leon and QRO to SMA. Cost is about $28. A quick search will find them or please just ask.

Flying to Mexico City as noted is usually less and possible direct. From the airport you can take an express bus to Queretaro. They leave at least hourly. Then another bus to SMA. Again about $28. The same company offers shuttle from Mexico City airport to SMA. I believe it is $75 per person and a minimum of 2 people.

If you have questions about this or anything else, happy to help.

Sonia

cell: 044-415-106-1499

Consultant: Seguro Popular Healthcare; Immigration Visas; Mexican Driver's License; Mexican car registration; Selling a foreign plated car in Mexico; Conversational Translation; Hacienda / SAT issues (taxation); Mexican Driving Record; Property Management; INAPAM; issues pertaining to city administration (Presidencia), etc.

Vehicles: Nationalizing NAFTA 2008 and older and non-NAFTA 2006 and older cars, trucks, SUV's, motorcycles, RV's) without leaving your home regardless of where you live in Mexico. This makes your car is a Mexican vehicle which you can drive anywhere between Panama and Canada. Full refund if documents do not arrive.

Another option for cars: UCD permit to allow foreign plated vehicles to be driven in QRO, GTO and SLP states. This is totally different to nationalizing and has limitations.

Please see my weekly ad in the San Miguel de Allende Atencion newspaper and www.solmexiconews.com.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonia/252211011634302

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4