Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

txp

Mar 23, 2014, 4:27 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2799 views)

Shortcut

Car rental at Mexico City Airport?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi everyone, Do you have any experience renting from Avis or Hertz at MEX (Benito Juarez Int'l Airport in DF)? Also, do you know where these two are located? It looks like Avis is still near T1, but Hertz has apparently moved. Thank you!

chinagringo

Mar 23, 2014, 4:41 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2799 views)

Shortcut

Re: [txp] Car rental at Mexico City Airport?

Have no idea of locations at either airport you have requested but would highly suggest you do some studying up on rental car franchise policies, especially related to insurance in Mexico! Far different from renting in Kansas or for that matter many places in the world. Personal auto policies that offer some coverage elsewhere and so-called credit card insurance coverage means nada in Mexico. You will find that the quoted daily rate means little since insurance can increase your actual daily rate to 3, 4 or even 5 times what you are quoted.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

txp

Mar 23, 2014, 4:45 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2796 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Car rental at Mexico City Airport?

I have already decided to purchase the insurance offered by the car rental for loss damage waiver, loss of use, and liability. I just want to have peace of mind...

chinagringo

Mar 23, 2014, 5:54 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2789 views)

Shortcut

Make sure that you know the minimum liability requirements for the Mexican States you will be driving in. Here is a link to a thread from about a year ago that discusses the limits by State:

http://www.mexconnect.com/...%20insurance;#186937

Last Feb., I learned something new: rather than booking through a website, I called the franchisee direct. I was able to negotiate a package price which included all auto insurance and all taxes & airport fees. In our case, we rented a Nissan Tiida for the flat rate of $5000MXN for 10 days in Guadalajara.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

sparks

Mar 24, 2014, 3:58 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2739 views)

Shortcut

Rented from Avis for 2 weeks in DF. Just bought it with the airline ticket. Their courtesy buses were sitting outside the arrivals door. Rental desk will call the buses if not

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

(This post was edited by sparks on Mar 24, 2014, 4:01 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4