Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Adios

Mar 25, 2014, 2:03 PM

Post #26 of 38 (2159 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Moving Stuff to Mexico

Can't Post |
No worries - we now have Morelos' plates.

My point was - when we came in as permanent residents we were only given a one month TIP. Which in any event was legal as long as our 'visa' was legal. I believe the online TIP service was not geared towards permanent residents. Perhaps that has changed since then.

rvgringo

Mar 26, 2014, 9:05 AM

Post #27 of 38 (2119 views)

Shortcut

Re: [charlie131120] Moving Stuff to Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
You were only given a 30 day TIP because you had to report to INM within 30 days to begin the process of completing your tramite to Residente Permanente. Once you started that process, your visitor permit or previous visa became invalid, and so did the TIP.
It all fits, as it should.

jbowler

Apr 13, 2014, 1:34 PM

Post #28 of 38 (2024 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Moving Stuff to Mexico

When we crossed the border at Nogales two years ago in May 2012, we just had our tourist cards and paid the import duty for our truck. We got out of our truck when instructed, left the two labs in the back seat, and opened up the back of our pick up which had a tonneau cover. The officials had a cursory look and waved us on, not even asking about the animal shots etc...No fuss, no muss!

trebla62

Aug 14, 2017, 8:56 AM

Post #29 of 38 (1606 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Moving Stuff to Mexico

Hello, I wanted to see if I could step in and ask you a question...

I recently crossed at Laredo and was pulling an Airstream travel trailer, but they didnt even go out to look at it and just asked me if it was an enclosed trailer or not, I said yes, it is enclosed, and they then gave me a TIP that has the trailer attached to the truck I pulled it with... when they "should have" given me a separate RV TIP for the trailer which is valid for 10 years.

I now need to go back to the US and get a second Airstream trailer to bring to Tulum, but with the first trailer being attached to the truck, if I drive just the truck out without the first trailer, they will ask where the trailer is. That might not be an issue until I come back 15 days later with a different trailer attached to that same truck and try to get another RV TIP for the second trailer.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

rvgringo

Aug 14, 2017, 9:57 AM

Post #30 of 38 (1602 views)

Shortcut

Re: [trebla62] Moving Stuff to Mexico

Yes, your truck and your first airstream are now a single unit. You must remove both from Mexico at the same time,
in order to cancel your Importada Temporal. You have no choice. Yes, you should have asked for the ten year RV permit
for the trailer when you first entered. However, you cannot bring in two. If you are a couple, you may have to change a title,
but I don‘t know that you could use the same truck to bring in the second airstream.....maybe, maybe not. I am curious
about why you want both in Mexico, but that is another topic.

playaboy

Aug 14, 2017, 2:25 PM

Post #31 of 38 (1595 views)

Shortcut

There is a way to cancel your TIP at the Belice crossing and leave the trailer in QROO. Then you can drive out and get the other one.

I am in Paamul. This is done all the time with RV's.

PM me your phone number and we can talk about this.

trebla62

Aug 14, 2017, 3:23 PM

Post #32 of 38 (1592 views)

Shortcut

Hi gringo, I can explain...
I have restored and custom built two airstream trailers to use as casitas on the back of my property in Tankah, so both trailers are needed to complete the design we have built for our property.

Also we have put the truck and both trailers in mine and my wife's name on the registration and titles, just for this purpose. So that we can drive them down using one nMe each trip.
I hope thxat explained my situation.

But now that we have driven one trailer down already, from Reno, NV to Tulum... We are strongly considering shipping the second trailer via ocean shipping. There aren't as many potholes in the oceans there were on our drive!

(This post was edited by trebla62 on Aug 14, 2017, 3:24 PM)

trebla62

Aug 14, 2017, 3:25 PM

Post #33 of 38 (1591 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Moving Stuff to Mexico

Thank you! I have sent you my info, via pm

rvgringo

Aug 14, 2017, 3:38 PM

Post #34 of 38 (1586 views)

Shortcut

Sounds like a neat plan, if you can get the second Sirstream delivered ( I love them, but I too am old) and installed
on your lot. Of course, you will need to get all the government ducks in a row to make it all legal to rent them,
so be sure to do that, or risk losing them. Check the fine print.

trebla62

Aug 14, 2017, 4:03 PM

Post #35 of 38 (1585 views)

Shortcut

OK, but if they decide to take them, they cant get to them, as we are building our big house in front of them and the only way to remove once the big house is built, will be to either cut them into pieces or tear down the big house. That'll be fun to watch.
FYI, there are many, many homes renting without notifying anyone of their practices. heard it happens in the ol USA too! ;)

rvgringo

Aug 15, 2017, 7:30 AM

Post #36 of 38 (1559 views)

Shortcut

In ten years the RV Importada Temporal will expire. It cannot be renewed in Mexico.
The truck that towed the trailer will become illegal, with no way to make it legal again. No insurance coverage!
Renting illegally is cause for confiscation of property and deportation.
You may get away with it.........but not forever.
Mexico is now computerized.
Legal landlords could make a phone call to INM if they don‘t like illegal competition.
Tax offices are now using areal photos to “adjust things“ in many Mexican municipalities.

RickS

Aug 15, 2017, 8:57 AM

Post #37 of 38 (1553 views)

Shortcut

In my opinion, all things in Mexico are not this black and white. For example I know folks who have insurance on their vehicle who's TIP has been expired for years. They had a small accident and the insurance did cover.

It would have been nice to have done it 'right' the first time, and maybe try to do it right from this point on, but I don't think that the world will end otherwise. YMMV

playaboy

Aug 15, 2017, 10:57 AM

Post #38 of 38 (1547 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
In ten years the RV Importada Temporal will expire. It cannot be renewed in Mexico.
The truck that towed the trailer will become illegal, with no way to make it legal again. No insurance coverage!
Renting illegally is cause for confiscation of property and deportation.
You may get away with it.........but not forever.
Mexico is now computerized.
Legal landlords could make a phone call to INM if they don‘t like illegal competition.
Tax offices are now using areal photos to “adjust things“ in many Mexican municipalities.

RV you assume a lot. Nobody said a word about renting anything, except you. You info on the truck, trailer, and 2nd trailer is not entirely correct too.

Why the pessimistic attitude?

Everything about this situation is all workable and 100% legal if you know the law and procedures. You don't know how, so nobody is able?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4