Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

CozumelComplete

Mar 15, 2014, 10:53 AM

Post #1 of 15 (3492 views)

Shortcut

Nogales to Playa del carmen Hotel/Motels

Can't Post | Private Reply
Has anyone drivin from Nogales to Quintana Roo or Yucatan?

I am looking for hotel reccomendations and for Auto Hotels at these approximate locations, give or take and hours driving. Need to be pet friendly.

Hermisillo
Culiacan Rosales
Guadalajara
veracruz
Calakmul
Patricia A Holt
Cozumel The Complete Guide II
Patricia A Holt

playaboy

Mar 15, 2014, 1:46 PM

Post #2 of 15 (3475 views)

Shortcut

Re: [CozumelComplete] Nogales to Playa del carmen Hotel/Motels

There are plenty of hotels at the north end of Hermosillo to choose from. About 1 1/2 hours south of there, in San Carlos, is a nice Best Western. In Culiacan I stay at a Zar hotel on the south side of town. If you can make it a little past Veracruz to Cosamaloapan, on the 145D, at the toll booth is a clean Mexican style hotel I have stay at a couple of times. It is on the west bound side so you have to make a u-turn. Ask them open up the gate so you can avoid the toll on your return east. On the 186 I have stayed in Xpujil at a decent motel on the west side of town, south side of the street. It is clean and safe. From there it is about 6 hours to Playa.

(This post was edited by playaboy on Mar 16, 2014, 6:17 AM)

CozumelComplete

Mar 15, 2014, 1:51 PM

Post #3 of 15 (3473 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Nogales to Playa del carmen Hotel/Motels

Are any pet friendly? I heard tjhat ZAR was, but on thier website it says no pets
Patricia A Holt

playaboy

Mar 15, 2014, 2:44 PM

Post #4 of 15 (3454 views)

Shortcut

I don't have pets so I don't have a clue.

citlali

Mar 15, 2014, 8:49 PM

Post #5 of 15 (3433 views)

Shortcut

Calakmul is 80 km from the main road. So you need to stay in Xpuhil or other places and leave your pet behind as the ruins do not accept pets any where I have seen in the Yucatan. The heat is awful and I would not trust leaving a pet in a hotel room while I go to the ruins. There is no hotel at th ruins.

CozumelComplete

Mar 16, 2014, 6:29 AM

Post #6 of 15 (3416 views)

Shortcut

Re: [citlali] Nogales to Playa del carmen Hotel/Motels

Not planning to go to the ruins..that was just an approximate stop over point for the night and looking for pet friendly motel or hotel in the general area
Patricia A Holt

citlali

Mar 16, 2014, 7:26 AM

Post #7 of 15 (3414 views)

Shortcut

I do not know how big is you dog or dogs but what we have found really helpful is having kennels in the car. We travel once with 3 mastiffs when we moved and in several places who told us no pets we convinced them it was ok because the pets slept in kennels. They told us they did not want pets because of flees and because people slept with their dogs.
Now we have hairless dogs so no fees..and only one place turned us down with kennels since they do not get more flees than humans...
We also travel in such a way that we stopped early in the day giving us more time to find a place.
There used to be a site called something like gringodogs.com that listed quie a few hotels that were pet friendly, of course managers change so you never know.

CozumelComplete

Mar 16, 2014, 7:35 AM

Post #8 of 15 (3413 views)

Shortcut

LOL yes it is a Mastiff 1 year old and 145 pounds. Traveling in a loaded jeep luberty so really will be no room for that size kennel, also a mean little chihaua. I am open to starting to look several hours before dark. LOL I can always sleep in the car with her while my friend stays in the room...I am sure no one would bother me once she smiled at them jejeje
Patricia A Holt

citlali

Mar 16, 2014, 9:12 AM

Post #9 of 15 (3394 views)

Shortcut

You could get one of these folding kennel like those they use in dog shows. Once you are in your room you do whatever you want but the cages really help especially for large dogs. As a rule Mexicans are scared of large dogs so the managers of hotels are more reluctant to accept them. None will bother you with a mastiff that is for sure.
The Chihuahua can always go in a bag and no one will notice. If everything fails go to one of the love motels on the outskirts of towns. I am always surprised to find these places in the most unexpected areas, they usually have high walls and each door is covered so you have total privacy. They usually are motels on the outskirts of town. There must be a lot of messing around everywhere because these places are everywhere...The only thing is that you have to leave early but it is better with the heat anyways..

CozumelComplete

Mar 16, 2014, 12:47 PM

Post #10 of 15 (3381 views)

Shortcut

That is kind of what I am looking for..The No Tell Motels...I hears they have no problem with animals, your vehical is in safe area so not to worry about packed stuff..and cheap to boot.
Patricia A Holt

citlali

Mar 16, 2014, 1:19 PM

Post #11 of 15 (3375 views)

Shortcut

and great entertainment on tv to boot, the only thing is that I do not enjoy watching myself on that mirror on the ceiling when in bed but in the better ones you also have a jetted tub what else could anyone want!!

CozumelComplete

Mar 16, 2014, 1:25 PM

Post #12 of 15 (3374 views)

Shortcut

I know some of them also have sofas or chaises, but I will bring a small blow up. My driving helper is only a young friend..jejeje
Patricia A Holt

citlali

Mar 16, 2014, 1:57 PM

Post #13 of 15 (3369 views)

Shortcut

just curious, are you trying to go to Vera Cruz or Vera Cruz State?

We go several times a year sometimes with our dogs to Chiapas so our route is not that different.
We do Guadalajara Orizaba stay at the hotel Cascadas outside of week ends which is just off the freeway in Orizaba or push it to Fortin de las Flores where we stay at a b & b tat accepts dogs. Las Cascadas did not used to accept dogs but did the last time we asked. We stayed there with 4 dogs, 2 chihuahua and 2 xolos.
The Cascadas is right next door to a park that is good for walking the dogs.
The B & B in Fortin is also nice because you can walk the dogs up the mountain and the cabins are in a nice garden. Then we go toTuxtla but in your case you would continue towards Villahermosa..not my favorite place on earth as it is hot and humid and the traffic is a pain but then you probably could find some place to stay on the way or closer to the airport in Villahermosa to Escarcega.

This year we did Palenque Campeche on up to Merida but we did not have the dogs so I was not too aware of which hotel or motel were on the way but I am sure there there, just did not see them.

Have fun with your young friend!!

CozumelComplete

Mar 16, 2014, 2:16 PM

Post #14 of 15 (3367 views)

Shortcut

Well bypassing or close to veracruze city. I am looking at my planned (so far) route and I really would like to stop a couple of hours before Veracruz, coming from Guadalajara, which shows 10 hrs of driving. If I shorten that day then I would also shorten the next day to 8 or 9 hours headed toward Playa del carmen, with the last day being to Playa getting in and hopefully taking the 6 pm car ferry. Any suggestions and ideas are welcome.
Patricia A Holt

citlali

Mar 16, 2014, 2:55 PM

Post #15 of 15 (3361 views)

Shortcut

we do Ajijic Puebla in 7 hours and we go the speed limit so 3 more hours would take you to Orizaba. I would think that if you stay around tonala or past Tonala you could save some time. We take the Morelia route then Arco Norte to Puebla. It is all good freeway.
You enter the arco norte just before you get to Atlacomulco, take direction Tula Queretaro and after passing Tula direction Puebla .
The traffic crossing Puebla is a little heavy but by the time you pass Amozoc you are fine .then on to Orizaba or Fortin.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4