Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

esperanza

Mar 3, 2014, 6:04 AM

Post #1 of 8 (28090 views)

Shortcut

Difficulties with Mexconnect Loading

Can't Post | Private Reply
For the last three weeks, I've been having constant difficulties getting the Mexconnect pages to load. I use the latest OS on my iMac, use Chrome as my browser, and have no problems with any other website.

What seems to be happening involves the banner ads taking for.e.ver to load, which means the page content is not available until they finish. At the bottom of my screen, I see a message about the google pagead loading and at the top, the little wheel thingie (that's tech talk) spinning for what seems like forever but is actually a minute or two before the page loads. Often the page will not load at all, but if I click on the URL in the window for that, it will open up.

Is it me, or is anybody else experiencing this? It's really annoying.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Rolly

Mar 3, 2014, 7:15 AM

Post #2 of 8 (28078 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Difficulties with Mexconnect Loading

I have a problem with slow loading once in a while, not all the time. I use Chrome as my main browser. I also use IE and Firefox sometimes.

Rolly Pirate

RickS

Mar 3, 2014, 7:19 AM

Post #3 of 8 (28073 views)

Shortcut

I assume that everything was OK before using the same computer/browser....

Have you used a browser other than Chrome to see if the situation improves? I'm not a Mac or Chrome person but have you tried something equivalent to 'flushing' your cache?

johanson

Mar 4, 2014, 6:02 AM

Post #4 of 8 (28039 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Difficulties with Mexconnect Loading

Everything is working well for me along the shores of Lake Chapala. As mentioned by others it could be any number of things unique to you. I presume you have reasonable internet speed. To check your speed try going to www.speedtest.net.

My speed although much slower than some folks in larger cities like esperanza, is more than enough to download Mexconnect very rapidly
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3347500177]

YucaLandia

Mar 4, 2014, 10:13 AM

Post #5 of 8 (28023 views)

Shortcut

Same issues for me using a PC and Firefox. When Mexconnect started loading slower for me the last few weeks, a good cleaning CCleaner and Glary Utilities restores the downloading speed. I use the intelligent save of passwords option when offered during program loading/set-up. CNET offers clean versions of both. CCleaner gets things that Glary Utilities misses, and Glary Utilities gets things that CCleaner misses. I have been using both for the past 8 years on our machines, friends machines, the machines at a girls school, and extended family's machines - all with no problems. (Except for one woman who had no idea what her passwords were - for anything - and we had some issues recovering some odd passwords.)
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

joaquinx

Mar 4, 2014, 12:50 PM

Post #6 of 8 (28015 views)

Shortcut

Difficulties with Mexconnect Loading

I believe that this forum's host is in Vancouver. So slowdown on the net could be anywhere between your Mexico ISP and there. I run Xubuntu (a variation of Ubuntu) and I have noticed slowdowns, but they're never chronic.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

mazbeach

Mar 4, 2014, 4:38 PM

Post #7 of 8 (28001 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Difficulties with Mexconnect Loading

I also use CCleaner and love it. The only suggestion I would make would be to check over the items listed under both tabs other wise it can act like a major laxative; not bad, just complete. After the first time, I learned to be a little more selective.

tonyburton

Mar 4, 2014, 4:49 PM

Post #8 of 8 (27996 views)

Shortcut

Thanks (to everyone) for the various comments, and suggestions.
I'm in Ajijic at present and (so far as I can tell) everything seems to be working fine, but I'll speak with our technical staff in Vancouver next week and see if there is anything that can be done at their end of things to help improve loading speed.
Tony

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4