Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

wkramer

Feb 26, 2014, 11:06 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2049 views)

Shortcut

My Residencia Permanente Experience

Can't Post | Private Reply
I started by asking questions in a post here.

Mexican Consulate in New York City:

I made 2 trips in total to the consulate for a total time inside of 2 hours. I brought the following documents:

1st trip to consulate Feb 10, 2014-

1. Passport with a copy of information page
2. (2) months of bank statements from (2) banks.
3. Copy of deed to house in Mexico.
4. (3) annual IRA statements.
5. Photograph in prescribed size.
6. Application filled out in the consulate office.

Since my bank accounts are joint with my wife they needed my marriage certificate. They also needed the original or certified copy of the deed from Mexico. I had the deed FedEx'd overnight and had it on Feb 12.

2nd trip to Consulate Feb 18th, 2014 -

Presented all of the same documents and the marriage certificate and original deed and was isuues a one time 6 month Permanante visa page in my passport. New York end completed.

INM in Cuernavaca - Feb 26,2014:

1 trip to INM that totaled 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Brought with me:

1. Passport and copy of information page and Permanente visa page.
2. FMM with canje for 30 days checked off.
3. 2 front photos and 1 right side photo 3.5cm x 5cm
4. Cablemas bill from last month with my full name and address on it.
5. Copy of form filled out on internet requesting te exchange of my canje visa for a permanent card.

At INM I needed to fill out a basic information form which was not difficult. They gave me a form to take to the bank to pay the fee which I took to the bank. You will need the original bank receipt and 3 copies to bring bank to INM.

If you are authorizing someone to act on your behalf you also need a copy of their ID (they made the copy at the INM for me since I didn't know about this requirement).

They then gave me all my application registration numbers and the website I could go to to check on the progress of the card production. When we asked how long it may take the officer said it could be a matter of days (I can understand no exact time) since they were processing everything quickly.

I may have been lucky but they asked for nothing that had already been presented in New York. Neither New York or Cuernavaca required any apostilles or translations for any documents.

(This post was edited by wkramer on Feb 26, 2014, 11:11 AM)

YucaLandia

Feb 26, 2014, 2:21 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2000 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wkramer] My Residencia Permanente Experience

Good update.

Do you think the Consulate would accept an original comprabante for proof of address in Mexico?
The official/certified title/deed to a home is a new variation.
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

AlanMexicali

Feb 26, 2014, 2:28 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1993 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] My Residencia Permanente Experience

In Reply To
Good update.

Do you think the Consulate would accept an original comprabante for proof of address in Mexico?
The official/certified title/deed to a home is a new variation.
steve

I donīt think it was a simple request for a comprabante but part of the financial solvency package he presented to the consulate, the way I am reading his progress

The INM office requested a comprabante; ".4. Cablemas bill from last month with my full name and address on it. "

YucaLandia

Feb 26, 2014, 2:37 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1988 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] My Residencia Permanente Experience

Hi Alan,
I had the same thought, but then discarded it, because only Residente Temporal has the property ownership clause (Lineamientos Article 41) for proving personal fiscal solvency (currently a home valued at or above $2,590,400 pesos).

He described an annual IRA statement to meet the personal fiscal solvency requirement for his RP - which left the proof of address requirement. ??
steve

-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Feb 26, 2014, 2:39 PM)

wkramer

Feb 26, 2014, 2:58 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1977 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] My Residencia Permanente Experience

I brought TelMex and Cablemas bills to the consulate to prove address (in addition to the deed). They gave them back to me without really looking. I also brought them to the INM office and again they gave them back to me without looking. I guess my original deed was enough proof of address. By the way the deed was actually done without any cheating on the purchase amount to save taxes. It showed around a 3,500,000 purchase amount from 6 years ago.

The IRA statement I gave them had well over the minimum needed to qualify for the permanent visa so they actually said they really didn't even need the bank statements.

Sonia Diaz

Mar 1, 2014, 1:57 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1871 views)

Shortcut

In SMA just state address and phone number and no need to prove.

Sonia
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonia/252211011634302

wkramer

Mar 18, 2014, 11:50 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1654 views)

Shortcut

My final experience is over. I went to the INM office in Cuernavaca on Feb 26th. I looked on the INM website on the 27th to see what the status was and saw that they had recorded my visit to their office on the 26th and had added an entry on the 27th that that my information was entered on the 27th.

I didn't get any email telling me to pick up my card and the website had no changes so I went back to the office today Mar 18th. I asked if the card was ready and they said that it was ready on Feb 27th the day after my initial visit. I signed a few papers was fingerprinted and 20 minutes later I had my permanent visa.

A total of 4 visits both in the US and Mexico and 5 1/2 hours of time.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4