Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Abrria

Feb 24, 2014, 6:41 AM

Post #1 of 7 (7915 views)

Shortcut

Changing Jalisco driver's license for a Michoacan one

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am thinking of relocating from the Lake Chapala area to the Patzcuaro area. I have a Jalisco driver's license. Does anyone know if, in order to get a Michoacan driver's license, I would have to take the written/and or driving test?

Muchas gracias.

sparks

Feb 24, 2014, 6:59 AM

Post #2 of 7 (7912 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Abrria] Changing Jalisco driver's license for a Michoacan one

Should not be a high priority concern as long as you have a DL. Just like everywhere, what is required will depend on your local office

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

Anonimo

Feb 25, 2014, 1:10 AM

Post #3 of 7 (7874 views)

Shortcut

I know this is off topic, but I'm curious as to why you would leave Lake Chapala and move to the Pátzcuaro area. (I also saw your posts on Michoacan_Net.)

What are the advantages of one area against the other?

Saludos,
Anonimo

Abrria

Feb 27, 2014, 1:51 PM

Post #4 of 7 (7840 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Changing Jalisco driver's license for a Michoacan one

To answer your question: I have lived in the Lake Chapala area for 5 1/2 years. I live between Ajijic and Chapala and all my neighbors are Mexican and are friends also. This area does have more English speaking services which appeals to my foreigners. I have been going to Michoacan for a number of years; I have a Mexican family there and am very close to them. All I can say is that Michoacan is in my heart and soul. I have spent time travelling to the villages around Lake Patzcuaro and buying art directly from the artists...that is a magical experience.

In a nutshell I want to live in MEXICO!

Anonimo

Feb 27, 2014, 2:23 PM

Post #5 of 7 (7835 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
To answer your question: I have lived in the Lake Chapala area for 5 1/2 years. I live between Ajijic and Chapala and all my neighbors are Mexican and are friends also. This area does have more English speaking services which appeals to my foreigners. I have been going to Michoacan for a number of years; I have a Mexican family there and am very close to them. All I can say is that Michoacan is in my heart and soul. I have spent time travelling to the villages around Lake Patzcuaro and buying art directly from the artists...that is a magical experience.

In a nutshell I want to live in MEXICO!

Thank you for that heartfelt answer.

chinagringo

Feb 27, 2014, 2:30 PM

Post #6 of 7 (7833 views)

Shortcut

A few years back, we stopped at a Pemex/OXXO on the Morelia - Patzcuaro highway driving a rental car with Jalisco plates. Some folks came out of the OXXO and asked where we were from - Lake Chapala? Explained that it was a rental and that we lived NOB. To which they replied: "Oh you came to see the real Mexico"! They were former residents of the Lake Chapala area and had moved to MIchoacan.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Sonia Diaz

Mar 16, 2014, 6:52 PM

Post #7 of 7 (7774 views)

Shortcut

You turn in your Jalisco license and no test.

Sonia
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonia/252211011634302

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4