Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

darrellk

Feb 14, 2014, 3:13 PM

Post #1 of 7 (3296 views)

Shortcut

Which way is best to AguasCal?

Can't Post | Private Reply

Robt65 posted this in central highlands and was wondering on every ones opinion. I'm leaving in the AM going through Loredo but looking at this option.
"My personal crossing of choice is the Anzaldúas Bridge between Mission and McAllen Texas. Simple crossing, no commercial traffic, and all offices (Aduana, car permit (TIP) immigration, etc.), all in the same building. Easy and fast. AS Rick stated Tolls are a lot more from this crossing, but Cuota all the way, and I like the fact that I am on the cuotas almost right away. You are never really in the city of Reynosa as it (the highway to Monterrey) is on the west side of Reynosa. The highway to Monterrey is well signed and in five minutes you're on your way."

Also will it matter if on the TIP I put NL as crossing point?

Thanks

(This post was edited by darrellk on Feb 14, 2014, 3:27 PM)

RickS

Feb 14, 2014, 8:54 PM

Post #2 of 7 (3274 views)

Shortcut

Re: [darrellk] Which way is best to AguasCal?

"Also will it matter if on the TIP I put NL as crossing point?"

If you are referring to getting a TIP online, one can put 'any crossing' and cross anywhere else.... or at least I have done so with no repercussions.

Altahabana

Feb 15, 2014, 5:28 AM

Post #3 of 7 (3260 views)

Shortcut

Robert's base in the USA is in the McAllen area, which makes Anzualduas a logical choice. I concur with his recommendation of Anzualduas, because it is the best crossing point in the lower Rio Grande Valley. But using it will probably add a lot of miles to your trip unless your trip originates in the immediate area.

playaboy

Feb 15, 2014, 6:26 AM

Post #4 of 7 (3252 views)

Shortcut

I second Anzualduas. I cross there all the time. It is a modern one stop facility and avoids most of Reynosa. The distance between Monterrey and Nuevo Laredo or Reynosa is about the same.

Robt65 turned me on to that crossing and I haven't been to Laredo since.

Altahabana

Feb 15, 2014, 8:10 AM

Post #5 of 7 (3247 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Which way is best to AguasCal?

I should have said using Anzualduas adds miles to your trip in Texas. Reynosa and Nuevo Laredo are roughly equi-distant from Monterrey on autopista. The attraction of Anzualduas is that all the services are located together in one place and there is more space to maneuver if you are hauling a trailer.

darrellk

Feb 15, 2014, 3:50 PM

Post #6 of 7 (3219 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Altahabana] Which way is best to AguasCal?

thanks all! I'm already in Laredo but next time I will check it out. It's not much further from Dallas.

Tomorrow I get to have fun and find everything...................

playaboy

Feb 15, 2014, 7:24 PM

Post #7 of 7 (3197 views)

Shortcut

Have a safe trip

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4