Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Mexico City & Surroundings

finnfinn

Jan 30, 2014, 6:01 PM

Post #1 of 2 (4612 views)

Shortcut

UNAM living

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm considering attending UNAM next fall. I'm wondering about convenient places to live. Commuting is a huge issue for me...I can't handle more than 20 minutes there (total more than 40 there and back) every day. Walkability is also a big deal to me. I want to live in a totally self-sufficient neighborhood, so that I can grocery shop, go to cafes/restaurants, etc. all very easily by foot near my apt. Do these qualities exist together somewhere? Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Maesonna

Jan 31, 2014, 8:34 AM

Post #2 of 2 (4576 views)

Shortcut

Re: [finnfinn] UNAM living

Can't Post | Private Reply
There are plenty of modest apartments suitable for students near the university. Also, pretty much any middle class neighbourhood has shopping and restaurants interspersed with houses, and there are lots of both near the university. There is also a lot of food sold on campus.

You would best be able to search for apartments in person by walking around the neighbourhoods you’re interested in and looking for flyers and signs in windows and and on utility poles, and on campus bulletin boards. Perhaps there are also internet bulletin boards that students use, but I can‘t help you there.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4