Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Rolly

Jan 17, 2014, 11:28 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2354 views)

Shortcut

Why I Live in Morelia

Can't Post | Private Reply
Why I Live in Morelia is a new article by Jennifer Rose.

Rolly Pirate

soulpatch

Jan 19, 2014, 9:55 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2287 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Why I Live in Morelia

I love these types of essays/blog posts.

The knowledge of people that have lived it and done it for years at a time is not to be discounted.

I also appreciate the not so tongue in cheek humor and insight that local knowledge and observation of people over time brings.

And, well, to each his or her own path of discovery, right?

Funny, because we all sell a bit, though we write as if we don't want others to show up.
Sometimes you just have to read between the lines......

We, personally, have decided on a two year stint in SMA for our next venture. We have friends in place, a good school for my kids and a nice geographical spot to explore from.

Hot springs will be nice, too!

Nothing is permanent, especially in our lives. We almost view our lives as akin to "land yachting"..... sailing the world but not from port to port but, rather, city to city.

We have lived in many areas and will probably continue to do so for the rest of our earthly lives.....

We still have our little trailer south of the town of Bahia de Los Angeles and will probably have it forever.
Or not.

Quien sabe? SMA two years....DF.... Florianopolis.... travel through Argentina, take a freighter to South Africa and work up into Europe over time.

It's an evolution.

geoffbob

Jan 19, 2014, 2:11 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2261 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Why I Live in Morelia

I fell in love with Morelia and made friends at Mercado San Jose and especially at Mercado El Nino (no tilde sorry) but there is a deal killer. The "contaminacion" or exhaust fumes especially at the lower, modern part of town ruined it for me.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4