Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

geoffbob

Jan 14, 2014, 8:13 AM

Post #1 of 8 (3284 views)

Shortcut

INAPAM discount for seniors in SMA

Can't Post | Private Reply
I was issued the "tercer edad" senior discount card and used it routinely for medication and movies in D.F. but here in SMA a pharmacy refused to honor the card, saying that the price was already low enough Does anyone know at which places the card can be used in San Miguel de Allende?

esperanza

Jan 14, 2014, 9:28 AM

Post #2 of 8 (3263 views)

Shortcut

Re: [geoffbob] INAPAM discount for seniors in SMA

A lot depends on which pharmacy you go to. If it's one of the pricier ones, like Farmacia Guadalajara, you'll get the INAPAM discount. If it's one of the less expensive ones, like Farmacia de Ahorros or Farmacia de Similares, they believe that the price--as you said--is already low enough.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

rvgringo

Jan 14, 2014, 12:04 PM

Post #3 of 8 (3246 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] INAPAM discount for seniors in SMA

The discount is voluntary anyway, and often about 5%. If you shop around, there are discount farmacias with much lower prices than the majors, even with the INAPAM discount. In fact, I use bout 8 different medications and they are purchased at three different farmacias to get the best price for each medication.

La Isla

Jan 14, 2014, 2:40 PM

Post #4 of 8 (3231 views)

Shortcut

I have no idea how this works in San Miguel, but in Mexico City, at least in my barrio, the cheapest prices for medicine can be found at the Superama pharmacy. They give INAPAM cardholders a discount, anywhere from 5% to 7.5%, depending on the time of the month.

Anonimo

Jan 16, 2014, 6:33 AM

Post #5 of 8 (3193 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] INAPAM discount for seniors in SMA

In Pátzcuaro and Morelia , I can get an INAPAM discount at Wal-Mart subsidiaries such as Wal-Mart itself, Bodega Aurrerá, and I suppose at Superama, which I haven't tried.

Neither Farmacia de Ahorros nor Farmacia Guadalajara offer us INAPAM discounts.

Saludos,
Anonimo

geoffbob

Jan 19, 2014, 1:57 PM

Post #6 of 8 (3134 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] INAPAM discount for seniors in SMA

Well I see the light a bit now. It's all based on voluntary participation so I guess the plan is to carry the card and ask but not be surprised if, even with the discount, a lower price can be found somewhere else.

Sonia Diaz

Feb 4, 2014, 5:12 PM

Post #7 of 8 (3059 views)

Shortcut

Mega in SMA accepts the card.

Note to get the INAPAM card in GTO state you now must be a Permanent Resident. So make a copy in case you loose it because if you are a TR visa holder it can not be replaced.

Sonia
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonia/252211011634302

geoffbob

Feb 4, 2014, 5:20 PM

Post #8 of 8 (3057 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sonia Diaz] INAPAM discount for seniors in SMA

Thanks Sonia,
I gather that Mega is a big deal in these parts so I be sure to go there. I had been forewarned by reading other threads that GTO has clamped down on issuing the card to TR's so in December I applied for and received one while in D.F. and immediately made a copy.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4