Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Themis

Dec 29, 2013, 12:23 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2934 views)

Shortcut

Motel de paso in Nuevo Laredo

Can't Post | Private Reply
Driving from Ajijic, starting at 6 a.m.probably arriving in NL around 5-6 p.m., so we will have to spend the night and then I will be crossing into the US alone. We have 2 pets and prefer a place where we can drive the car inside, not leave it in a parking lot.

Does anyone know where to find a drive-in motel as close to the NL border as possible? Thanks.

Altahabana

Dec 30, 2013, 5:59 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2895 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Themis] Motel de paso in Nuevo Laredo

If you are thinking of one of those drive-in rendezvous motels, there is one on Highway 85 between the interchange with Highway 2 and the exit for Colosio. The rate is usually based on 4-6 hour stays, but I am sure they would rent one for the night. It is called the Paradise.

Regular motels are inside the City, but have outdoor parking. If you are not familiar with Nuevo Laredo, I would not recommend driving around after dark looking for the regular motels--cheaper hotels. There are a number of those along Reforma--which is what Highway 85 is called after you cross the Colosio interchange-- in the Soriano--HEB area.

Here is a link showing the location of the Paradise.

http://guialocal.com.mx/motel_paradise.html

(This post was edited by Rolly on Dec 30, 2013, 9:43 AM)

wilpharm

Jan 1, 2014, 7:29 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2802 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Themis] Motel de paso in Nuevo Laredo

why not go on into Laredo,Texas….pretty simple procedure…even if you choose to stop at Aduana they are open 24 hrs & just a few minutes from border...

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4