E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

viktoremski

Dec 28, 2015, 10:00 AM

Post #128 of 136 (27713 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Thank you Steve.

I forgot to mention one thing I did not like, though. At the end of the visit, the SRE official gave me back my passport and my RP card. I reminded him he still had originals of my apostiled birth certificate, and apostiled name change (I provided him with two copies of each as well). He said that unfortunatelly, he needed to send the originals to DF, and most likely I would not see them back. Even though I did not like that, there was nothing I could do, if I wanted the application to be processed. I think I might need the apostiled and translated birth certificate again when applying for "la credencial", or the mexican passport, or when getting married in a few months. So I will most likely have to ask my friend in Poland to get me a new one.

Happy New Year!

cbviajero

Dec 30, 2015, 7:42 AM

Post #129 of 136 (27621 views)

Shortcut

Re: [viktoremski] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply

In Reply To
I think I might need the apostiled and translated birth certificate again when applying for "la credencial", or the mexican passport, or when getting married in a few months. So I will most likely have to ask my friend in Poland to get me a new one.

Happy New Year!

You probably will,when I got married in Guadalajara it was required.

(This post was edited by cbviajero on Dec 30, 2015, 7:45 AM)

YucaLandia

Dec 30, 2015, 4:57 PM

Post #130 of 136 (27578 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Stolat !
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

viktoremski

Jan 4, 2016, 10:39 AM

Post #131 of 136 (27409 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Dziękuję![

(This post was edited by tonyburton on Jan 4, 2016, 7:13 PM)

viktoremski

Jan 4, 2016, 10:40 AM

Post #132 of 136 (27407 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I guess this forum does not accept other than english characters... That was meant "gracias" in polish...

regrant

Feb 25, 2016, 8:39 PM

Post #133 of 136 (25019 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Part 2 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Follow up on the Seattle office.

Nice, pleasant staff. No appointment necessary. They are open normal business hours (9 - 5), but lunch is 2 to 3:30 (the office is open, so you can sit in the waiting room, but no work is done).

G. Diaz is the visa official. Friendly and answered all questions.

The office does not allow RP applications, unless you already own property in Mexico.

The one hiccup is that there is an expectation of "comprabante", a letter stating that an official form is in fact official, for some documents. I didn't have to do it for my paystubs (and not necessary for Social Security statements). But my proof of employment form (from Microsoft), which is a US Immigration/Homeland Security/Customs Approved form with official stamp and electronic signature needed a personal letter from my employer (I had my boss write it). Also my bank statements/proof of deposits form needed a letter stating they were real. Thank goodness I had a helpful local bank manager.

Since RP w/o property wasn't available, I didn't submit retirement income. That worked out b/c there was zero chance Fidelity was going to write me a personal letter stating their Proof of Deposits statement was in fact authentic -- I went round and round with them about that before just submitting for RT.

I have some questions about making sure I get the right 30 day stamp in DF airport, getting the correct online form before going to the Immigration office, and Mexico City INM. But I'll ask in separate post next week. Preview: I was skeptical about the online stories that I had read about people having to start over after getting a visitors stamp. But while in the Seattle consulate I met a person who was there trying to fix that exact mistake. Yikes.

(This post was edited by regrant on Feb 25, 2016, 8:41 PM)

jeffie1

Mar 1, 2016, 7:01 AM

Post #134 of 136 (24806 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Part 2 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
We renewed our RT's for 3 years through Spencer and his staff at Chapala Law. Once again, it was a pleasant and stress-free experience for a very reasonable fee. The INM office staff was also very polite and accommodating.

Total turnaround time from application to having our new cards in hand was 32 days.

regrant

Mar 4, 2016, 11:46 AM

Post #135 of 136 (24626 views)

Shortcut

Re: [regrant] Part 2 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
If anyone has tips for the following questions, I'd appreciate it:

I'm coming into DF, on an RT entrance visa, and will stay there until my RT is complete.

Anything I can do to make sure I get the right 30 day stamp in DF airport? As I said earlier, I was skeptical about the odds of this happening and then I met a person at my consulate who had this happen to him. Is there a name the INM uses for this stamp?

Getting the correct online form before going to the INM office. There's these instructions above: http://yucalandia.com/answers-to-common-questions/new-rules-and-procedures-for-immigration-visiting-and-staying-in-mexico/#Instructions%20for%20the%20INM%20Webpage%20for%20Visiting%20Mexico%20or%20Moving%20to%20Mexico. And they seem clear, but if someone has recent experience please let me know.

Any tips for navigating the Immigration office in Mexico City. I'll be staying in Colonia Polanco nearby, so I'm prepared to make several trips if necessary....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

rvgringo

Mar 4, 2016, 3:12 PM

Post #136 of 136 (24606 views)

Shortcut

Re: [regrant] Part 2 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
I think the word you seek is “Canje“.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4