Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

kmetzger

Dec 17, 2013, 1:45 PM

Post #1 of 5 (7886 views)

Shortcut

Electric motor repair - Chapala

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi - the motor for my Alton wet/dry vac failed recently. When I turned it on, there was a burning smell. Before I throw it away, I'd like to see if it can be repaired. Does anyone know a shop in the Lake Chapala area that works on electric motors?

Kim

johanson / Moderator

Dec 18, 2013, 6:06 AM

Post #2 of 5 (7856 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kmetzger] Electric motor repair - Chapala

Luckily there are several places in Ajijic that do this type of work. The one I go to is on Colon in Ajijic which is a North south road that crosses the Carretera as it heads West. Colon crosses the Careatera perhaps 2 blocks West of where you took your computer (Benno's) This repair shop it 3/4 of a block up the hill on Colon from the Carretera. It's on the East side of Colon.
One problem, Colon is one way down hill as it crosses the Carretera.
I will try to get the address as I pass by it today. And post the info later this morning
Pete

johanson / Moderator

Dec 18, 2013, 9:29 AM

Post #3 of 5 (7832 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Electric motor repair - Chapala

I couldn't see that name of the electronic repair etc. shop but the address is 38A Colon and I believe the telephone # to be (376) 766-2256. You can't help but see it as you are coming down the hill towards the Carretera on the left (East) side of the road, 3/4 of a block from the street light on the Carretera

kmetzger

Dec 18, 2013, 10:06 AM

Post #4 of 5 (7819 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Electric motor repair - Chapala

Thanks, Pete. I dropped it off two hours ago. Even if the motor is beyond repair, I'm sure glad I know where this little repair shop is now. Looks like they can handle a lot of repair jobs. Kim

johanson / Moderator

Dec 18, 2013, 10:09 AM

Post #5 of 5 (7818 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kmetzger] Electric motor repair - Chapala

I'm glad I was able to help.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4