Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

citlali

Mar 26, 2014, 10:42 AM

Post #26 of 32 (4344 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MichaelD] Patzcuaro

Can't Post | Private Reply
yes weather in the mountains at a higher altitude can change at a monment notice and the mornings and night can be really brisks, nothing like the beach.

People can easily be fooled into thinking we have beautiful weather all the time . Right now in San Cristobal it is glorious and warm, well what we call warm but there are plenty of grey, overcast days and rainy days which makes the mountains beautifully green...

Nights are cold and big comforters are a great plus.It is nice to have a heater that can be turned on in the morning. We did build a fire every morning the first winter and that gets old very quickly...We reserve the fireplace for the evenings and for days we feel like building a fire...

soulpatch

Mar 26, 2014, 6:13 PM

Post #27 of 32 (4324 views)

Shortcut

Re: [citlali] Patzcuaro

Ja! Well, we just moved into a temporary vacation rental here in San Miguel de Allende.

It is a pretty amazing town and our kids start at their new school Monday.

It is a bit strange to me to be living any distance from the ocean for the first time in 51 years but I am enjoying our experience so far.

I will say this: What a cool town!

I do have to laugh at all the people that have told me privately and publicly what a gringo enclave San Miguel is, not the real Mexico..... as we've only been here a short time I can say the gringo presence, from my perspective, is significantly greater on the coast of Nayarit. My kids and my wife have been the only gringos at the soccer practice, tae kwon do, lucha libre, the carneciria I was in, the out of the way taco place we were at..... I am not feeling overwhelmed by whitelandia.

People say funny things, no?

AlanMexicali

Mar 26, 2014, 6:29 PM

Post #28 of 32 (4322 views)

Shortcut

Re: [soulpatch] Patzcuaro

In Reply To
Ja! Well, we just moved into a temporary vacation rental here in San Miguel de Allende.

It is a pretty amazing town and our kids start at their new school Monday.

It is a bit strange to me to be living any distance from the ocean for the first time in 51 years but I am enjoying our experience so far.

I will say this: What a cool town!

I do have to laugh at all the people that have told me privately and publicly what a gringo enclave San Miguel is, not the real Mexico..... as we've only been here a short time I can say the gringo presence, from my perspective, is significantly greater on the coast of Nayarit. My kids and my wife have been the only gringos at the soccer practice, tae kwon do, lucha libre, the carneciria I was in, the out of the way taco place we were at..... I am not feeling overwhelmed by whitelandia.

People say funny things, no?

I think many are talking about around El Jardín on Sundays.

We visit there often. It is a 2 hour Sunday drive for us. I don´t get why people have to pack their stuff on spaces on the benches there and save a spot for late arrivals and I have to stand there or go sit in Starbucks when there is enough space left but not available for first come first served.

There certainly is a lot of white looking, English, French or German speaking tourists or Expats around there that I have noticed over the years.

Here none to speak of unless a tour bus full arrives in El Centro. All this is relative to time and location I presume.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Mar 26, 2014, 6:35 PM)

chinagringo

Mar 26, 2014, 6:33 PM

Post #29 of 32 (4318 views)

Shortcut

I would suspect that you and others in Patzcuaro are trying to keep your secret from being discovered by others? It hasn't worked with us as Patzcuaro is still our favorite city in Mexico since first being introduced to it in 2008! Granted we don't live there but it is a rare trip to Mexico when we don't schedule time in Patzcuaro.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

esperanza

Mar 26, 2014, 7:20 PM

Post #30 of 32 (4308 views)

Shortcut

We live in Mexico City--at nearly 8000 feet above sea level--and use a ceramic log set in our fireplace. Wood-burning fireplaces are illegal here, so this is what we have:

http://rasmussengaslogs.com/evening-ember-series/

The ceramic logs put out 40,000 BTU of actual heat--our house is cozy all winter.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

RickS

Mar 26, 2014, 8:29 PM

Post #31 of 32 (4300 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Patzcuaro

I presume that you do not burn this all night (to keep you house cozy in winter).....

esperanza

Mar 27, 2014, 6:53 AM

Post #32 of 32 (4280 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Patzcuaro

We are cozy in our bed at night, no need for a heater.

Given that this Rasmussen model is ventless, we do keep our living room windows open a crack when the thing is lit.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4