Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring


Dec 7, 2013, 10:53 AM

Post #1 of 2 (5013 views)


registering a vehicle from one state to another

Can't Post | Private Reply
I had my vehicle nationalized in Chihuahua by Onappapa in Jalisico while I was back in Canada. The Chihuahua plates expired apparently and I need to get Nayarit plates. Onappapa told me I had to go all the way to Tepic to do this? is this true. At this point I have no plates ..apparently he sent them back when they expired so I have Onappapa plates on the vehicle. Also included in my paper work was a bill of sale of my vehicle to Juan someone in texas and that is the registered name on the documents I have. But today he dropped of a piece of paper which states that I have the right to sell the vehicle signed buy this Juan guy?

If I do need to go to Tepic what is the place called I need to go to and what do I need to bring with me . Also driving around in my vehicle that is registerd to someone else? how is that going to work? can I still insure the vehicle and get plates if it isn't in my name?


Dec 7, 2013, 12:37 PM

Post #2 of 2 (4987 views)


Re: [colleena] registering a vehicle from one state to another

Can't Post | Private Reply
You may need to talk with an ONAPPAFA attorney to find out how to un-knot your issues.

The ONAPPAFA President has previously officially complained about various extra-legal issues and problems with ONAPPAFA programs conflicting with Mexican Government laws and rules including the absence of government approval for various aspects of using ONAPPAFA programs in lieu of approved Aduana procedures. The ONAPPAFA President clearly says that there are problems with using the ONAPPAFA permit, which may affect your situation.

In the most recent rounds Sonora govt. et al have not been encouraging ONAPPAFA permits: y

Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at

(This post was edited by Rolly on Dec 7, 2013, 1:32 PM)
Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4