Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

cfscott

Oct 24, 2013, 10:18 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2038 views)

Shortcut

RV window replacement

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anyone know of someone who can remove and replace an RV window that's been damaged? We live at Roca Azul and have not been able to find anyone in Joco with this ability. Please email me at cfscott@sbcglobal.net. Thanks!

RickS

Oct 24, 2013, 5:09 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2017 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cfscott] RV window replacement

I had to replace a broken window in my 5th wheel last year. Replacing it was not a problem.... pretty straight forward. I did have to/chose to have the exact window shipped to me from the manufacturer who supplies them for the 5th wheel manufacturer. That is probably not an option for you, but....

My point is that replacing the window is not very hard. I'm 'handy with tools' but I am not a glass replacement professional! Surely someone (bodyshop) who replaces windshields could do it in a wink.

cfscott

Oct 25, 2013, 7:18 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1994 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] RV window replacement

Thanks for the reply, but the install is not the problem, as you said, it's getting the replacement window that matches the rest of the windows in our RV. We have already contacted suppliers in US, but they will not ship this distance due to probability of breakage. So that leaves having it manufactured here. We have talked to window suppliers here, but they cannot replicate what we have. Any window suppliers/manufacturers out there that can help? Thanks!

esperanza

Oct 25, 2013, 7:51 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1985 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cfscott] RV window replacement

You might like to talk to the people at Rotos Cristales in Guadalajara. They're great. Here's the website:

http://www.cylex.com.mx/...p;companyId=11109806

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

(This post was edited by esperanza on Oct 25, 2013, 9:38 AM)

cfscott

Oct 25, 2013, 9:22 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1979 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] RV window replacement

Thanks, I will try them! Greatly appreciate your reply!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4