Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

Susan

Oct 6, 2013, 10:10 AM

Post #1 of 4 (6168 views)

Shortcut

renewal of residente temporal

Can't Post | Private Reply
I went online Tues. 10/1 for our renewals of our residente temporals. I received our pieza numbers and passwords. Today I went to "impresion de solicitudes" and printed the forms. (There was no NUT number) Does this mean we can now go to the INM in Nogales and get our new cards? Or do we have to wait for an email from them? Last year (in Nogales) we received our new cards within a couple of hours the same day. Can we expect the same?
Our cards have "prorroga 1" on the back. Can we renew for 2 or 3 years?
After renewing (for 2 or 3 yrs) do we have to obtain a residente permanante? This is our second FM3/residente temporal. This will be our eighth year of living in Mexico.
Thank you very much for your valued expertise.

sparks

Oct 6, 2013, 1:32 PM

Post #2 of 4 (6148 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Susan] renewal of residente temporal

prorroga 1 mean one renewal .... so you can renew for 2 more years. After 4 years total on that card you have to go permanente.

I don't know anyone that hasn't visited INM in person as the first step. Only online and wait for an email .... I doubt

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

Susan

Oct 7, 2013, 7:53 AM

Post #3 of 4 (6106 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] renewal of residente temporal

Thank you for your quick response and help. We are going to Nogales tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
As far as the residente permanante, that would be a big problem for us. We need to be able to drive a US plated car. We have a home here in AZ., 2 dogs we take back and forth, and the weather on the beach where our house is causes a lot of damage to vehicles, even though we have a garage.(salt air, humidity) Not to mention, we are not rich. Are you sure you cannot obtain another residente temporal? I have run across some websites that give me the impression you can. What about the other option of letting the residente temporal expire and just using a 180 day tourist visa?
Holy Cow!!! A person can almost get the impression that Mexico doesn't want us.

DavidHF

Oct 7, 2013, 9:52 AM

Post #4 of 4 (6089 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Susan] renewal of residente temporal

You can apply for a 2nd Residente Temporal after your first one expires by going to the Mexican Consulate nearest you. Overall though, you'll probably save substantial $$ by simply getting a Tourist Visa each time you come to Mexico.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4