Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

Chapala Payaso

Sep 28, 2013, 5:17 PM

Post #1 of 4 (6631 views)

Shortcut

Computer iliterate neds help

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have an Intellinet 150N Access Point which is essentially a signal booster to be used with my brand spanking new Infinitum router. The router signal is too weak for a portion of the house and I want to give it a boost.

The problem is that I used the Intellinet to boost a signal from a different Infinitum and am attmpting to change the 10 digit code so it will work. The instructions say that I am to get online and enter http://192.168.2.1 up in the address bar and then press enter. A window is supposed to open allowing me access to the page where the 10 digit code needs to be changed. But that window does not open and I get a lot of websites that talk about the address entered. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

joaquinx

Sep 28, 2013, 7:42 PM

Post #2 of 4 (6616 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Chapala Payaso] Computer iliterate neds help

My reading of the manual says to configure it first as 192.168.2.2 to connect to the access point and then to 192.168.2.1 to change the access point to the router. It also mentions four different Windows OS and they seem to be different. What OS do you have?
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

Chapala Payaso

Sep 28, 2013, 8:04 PM

Post #3 of 4 (6605 views)

Shortcut

Re: [joaquinx] Computer iliterate neds help

The instructions said to use 192.168.2.1 but will try the one you suggested. I am using Windows XP. When I try to obtain it, it says waiting for 192 etc and it never loads. I have tried using IE, Firefox, and Google with identical results.

My set up is phone line to Infinitum modem to computer using ethernet and another ethernet port to Intellimet acess point from Infinitum router. Thanks for the try. I will let you know if 2.2 works and if you don't hear back you will know it didn't.

joaquinx

Sep 28, 2013, 8:55 PM

Post #4 of 4 (6596 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Chapala Payaso] Computer iliterate neds help

2.2 connects you to the access point. That is your configuration for tcp/ip. 2.1cofigures the access point to connect with the router.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4