Mexico Connect
Forums  > Business/Commercial > Mexico Only Business/Trade

playaboy

Sep 18, 2013, 7:14 AM

Post #1 of 3 (7340 views)

Shortcut

Help with Car Issues

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have talked with many people about their car issues over the last several months. I have removed 6 cars from Mexico for folks whose cars could not stay.

Here are some recent recommendations;

1) My immigration status will become permanente this fall, so I had to get rid of my beautiful Honda “J” car. I really dreaded the idea of having to drive to the border, figure out how to sell it, and then get back home to Chapala. A couple of friends had sold their cars through Playaboy, so I contacted him.
Playaboy offered me a fair price for my car. He took care of some necessary body work and replaced a part needed for my engine. When he got it to the border, he replaced the cracked windshield.
We took care of the legal part of the deal through Spencer McMullen’s office. Playboy paid me cash before he took possession of the car. I’m not happy that I was forced to sell the car, but Playaboy made the ordeal much easier than I ever thought was possible.

2) Playaboy was able to take our Japanese Toyota to the border, clear the TIP and sell the car. On his return he gave us the receipt for the TIP. The price we got was fair when you consider the expense of getting the legal paper work, the cost of driving up to the border, the hassle of crossing the border and the time it takes to find a buyer. In our case he also purchased parts that were needed for schedule maintenance. We received the agreed sale price before he took the car north.

I have 4 others just like these.

Are you a Permanente and have a non-nafta car? Don't want to import that older nafta car? Does that car need to go NOB? Don't want to make that drive to the border? Not sure what your options are? Send me a PM.

playaboy

Jan 31, 2015, 5:05 PM

Post #2 of 3 (6425 views)

Shortcut

I am still here to help

Over the last 15 months or so since I started this thread, a lot of different car issues have arisen. There have been changing import regulations, border shutdowns, stolen license plates, and fraudulent paperwork. Then there have been all those keyboard warriors with their expert (USUALLY BAD) advice. Quite a few people followed that bad advice and have paid an expensive price. It has been a total fracking mess.

I am still offering to purchase your car, legally drive it to the border, cancel your TIP, and remove it from Mexico. Upon my return I will give you your TIP cancellation receipt. I take all the risks and you get to resolve your car problems and stay in the comfort of your home.

If you want a safe, proven, alternative to resolve your car issues, send me a PM or email me at cornking1 (at) yahoo (dot) com. I have references upon request, most from your neighbors lakeside.

chinagringo

Jan 31, 2015, 6:18 PM

Post #3 of 3 (6423 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] I am still here to help

I have been observing Playaboy's activities for as long as he has been offering his services. While, I /we certainly don't have a "dog in this fight", it has struck me that we haven't seen any/many objections to his services. Again, as an outsider looking in, this strikes me as one of the most viable alternatives - get rid of that PITA vehicle and go with your best Mexican alternative!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4