Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

ekammin

Sep 13, 2013, 1:44 PM

Post #1 of 10 (4969 views)

Shortcut

S and S Auto

Can't Post | Private Reply
I've sent two emails to S and S auto trying to find out how much they charge to rent a car by the month. They don't reply. Does anyone know? I'm sure it's more expensive than at the airport, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks.

Chapala Payaso

Sep 13, 2013, 2:37 PM

Post #2 of 10 (4960 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ekammin] S and S Auto

I wasn't aware that they rented cars. But I am not aware of a great deal of things anymore.

bournemouth

Sep 13, 2013, 3:23 PM

Post #3 of 10 (4951 views)

Shortcut

Their website says they have rentals:

http://www.ssauto.com.mx/rentals.html

P.m. me if you'd like me to call them for you.

(This post was edited by RickS on Sep 13, 2013, 6:08 PM)

simpsca

Sep 18, 2013, 6:51 AM

Post #4 of 10 (4782 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] S and S Auto

They do rent cars at S&S and in the past I've found them to be the same or cheaper than the airport. Not as much selection but much easier to get to.

newclee

Nov 9, 2013, 4:39 PM

Post #5 of 10 (4046 views)

Shortcut

I have also sent several emails with no reply. Perhaps skype calling would be better? Would like to determine if it would be better to buy a used car for the months we are there, or rent a car.

Any comments on car rental or buying a car during a short stay welcome.

chinagringo

Nov 9, 2013, 4:49 PM

Post #6 of 10 (4041 views)

Shortcut

Re: [newclee] S and S Auto

Buy a car providing you have a place to leave it when you depart. Renting is extremely expensive in Mexico, primarily because of insurance costs.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

joaquinx

Nov 9, 2013, 6:30 PM

Post #7 of 10 (4024 views)

Shortcut

S and S Auto

I have found that a face to face meeting is preferred by Mexicans over email. The Skype call would bring better results.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

gringolandia

Nov 10, 2013, 5:09 AM

Post #8 of 10 (3994 views)

Shortcut

Re: [joaquinx] S and S Auto

Can't Post |
S and S is owned by Canadians...although you are right about Mexicans preferring face to face meetings

simpsca

Nov 10, 2013, 6:27 AM

Post #9 of 10 (3979 views)

Shortcut

I recently looked into renting a car while mine was being repaired and Mark Turford has rent a wrecks for $35 per day which includes insurance. For an extra fee will deliver to you where you are. 376 765-4341 or cell 333 398 9045.

Gringal

Nov 10, 2013, 8:22 AM

Post #10 of 10 (3964 views)

Shortcut

Re: [simpsca] S and S Auto

We rented from Mark Turford for a couple of weeks while our car was in the shop and found that he's a good person to deal with. The cost depends on the car you choose.

However, it happened a few years ago when Japanese parts for our Honda were not arriving as normal and it looked like a long wait was coming. At that point we ran the numbers and started using the local buses and taxis at a much lower cost than car rental. Fortunately, we live in a convenient location to town and can walk to most places.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4