Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

JuanCha

Sep 9, 2013, 1:08 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2426 views)

Shortcut

Cd. Oaxaca Hotel Recommendations

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm looking for recommendations for a moderate-to-midprice hotel in Cd. Oaxaca for a few days at the beginning of Oct (2013).

We'd prefer the Centro historico and Zocalo area or easy walking distance from that. Wifi and A/C are a must. Price may be in the U$50-$100/night. Of course, clean, comfy and quiet are important. We'll be booking a double room and also a single room.

We are USA-born, bilingual Spanish-English. (I reside part-time in Chiapas Mex, and have been to various popular destinations in Mex before - including Cd. Oaxaca some years ago).

Your recommendations and comments are appreciated.
JuanCha de: Santa Fe NM, San Cristobal de Las Casas Chiapas, San Diego CA

chinagringo

Sep 9, 2013, 1:26 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2414 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JuanCha] Cd. Oaxaca Hotel Recommendations

We would highly recommend:
http://hotelcasantica.com/en/

I found that calling the hotel direct produced better prices that any of those found on travel booking sites. We found the staff to be very attentive and quite friendly. Great central location but no noise in the rooms.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

CozICan

Sep 9, 2013, 2:18 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2403 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JuanCha] Cd. Oaxaca Hotel Recommendations

When I visited Oaxaca last January I stayed at Hotel Pasada La Casa de La Tia. Very well maintained, 1 1/2 blocks off of the Zocalo. I don't remember what we paid per night but it was very reasonable. The staff was very pleasant and the courtyard restaurant was nothing fancy very good and reasonable. I would definitely stay there again. Here is a link to their website.

http://www.hotelposadalacasadelatia.com/

I don't think the rooms are air-conditioned but I can't imagine you would need it in October.

We booked directly with the Hotel. On the page with contact info you can message direct. That is probably the way to go if you speak English, there may not always be someone who speaks English available to answer the telephone.

Enjoy your visit to Oaxaca, it is a Beautiful City.

CozICan

(This post was edited by RickS on Sep 9, 2013, 5:17 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4