Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

solarhaven

Sep 1, 2013, 8:26 AM

Post #1 of 8 (27078 views)

Shortcut

"LIVING SIMPLY IS BEAUTIFUL" - new video of our seven years of living in a small village in Veracruz

Can't Post | Private Reply
We retired seven years ago to a village of 600 people in the mountains of Veracruz. Here's are highlights of the wonderful life we have had there...

- Jim and Mindy Phypers

http://youtu.be/AaTZQOY6NUI

bournemouth

Sep 1, 2013, 8:39 AM

Post #2 of 8 (27070 views)

Shortcut

Re: [solarhaven] "LIVING SIMPLY IS BEAUTIFUL" - new video of our seven years of living in a small vi

Your video is a delight - thank you for sharing.

RickS

Sep 1, 2013, 8:57 AM

Post #3 of 8 (27065 views)

Shortcut

Re: [solarhaven] "LIVING SIMPLY IS BEAUTIFUL" - new video of our seven years of living in a small vi

Yes, delightful. A simple life can be beautiful.

johanson

Sep 1, 2013, 10:00 AM

Post #4 of 8 (27052 views)

Shortcut

What a wonderful life. Sadly when I'm along the shores of Chapala, I don't sit back and take advantage of the simple side of life as you two have. Rather try to learn windows 8, drive to Guad and to shop at Costco. on and on

Thanks for showing me again that LIVING SIMPLY is beautiful.

CozICan

Sep 1, 2013, 2:13 PM

Post #5 of 8 (27023 views)

Shortcut

WOW !!! Your video is also "Simply Beautiful" :) I thought I made my life simpler when I moved to La Isla de Cozumel 6 years ago but your move takes the prize. It looks like where you are is the ultimate Mexican fantasy, I love it.

I am also intrigued by the photos on your website of the construction of the house being constructed of sandbags, that is very interesting and, I really need to get one of those baby burros, you sure don't see anything like that around here.

It looks like you do a lot for your new Mexican community and by the looks of the children on your video it looks like you are repaid with lots of love.

I tried to find your village on Google Earth but it directs me to 2 different locations. One of the is South of Jalapa but I don't see a river anywhere near. Any hints of where to find it.

Thank you again for sharing this video and you new life with us.

CozICan

rayitodeluna

Sep 6, 2013, 8:37 AM

Post #6 of 8 (26938 views)

Shortcut

Thank you for sharing! We enjoyed the music selection as well from the scary Phantom of the Opera theme for the monsoon to the rowdy galloping of the William Tell Overture and ending with the Gypsy Kings (one of my favorite groups of all time!) The girls especially loved following the quickly growing little burrito :)

~~~~~~ Enjoying life in northern D.F. with our family of Americans and chilangos.
Family and expat blog here : http://threecurlygirlys.blogspot.mx/ ~~~~~~

Sam33

Oct 10, 2013, 12:28 AM

Post #7 of 8 (26542 views)

Shortcut

Solarhaven you have shared something very nice. It feels good to share your memories with others. They remain fresh that way. Hope to get something more exciting next time.
Have a nice day.

salto_jorge

Oct 15, 2013, 10:30 AM

Post #8 of 8 (26453 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sam33] "LIVING SIMPLY IS BEAUTIFUL" - new video of our seven years of living in a small vi

Nothing like life in a small town.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4