Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

georgemichael

Aug 31, 2013, 5:31 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3082 views)

Shortcut

Bus from D.F. to Cancun

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hola! I am planning a visit later this month, to arrive at airport in D.F., and would like to know about bus service (higher quality) from D.F. to Cancun. Any information will be much appreciated! ~Michael~
"Don Miguel"

joaquinx

Aug 31, 2013, 5:57 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3080 views)

Shortcut

Re: [georgemichael] Bus from D.F. to Cancun

http://www.ado.com.mx/ado/

ADO will leave from TAPO. Platino is the top end of ADO service and around 1700 pesos.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

esperanza

Aug 31, 2013, 7:33 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3062 views)

Shortcut

Re: [joaquinx] Bus from D.F. to Cancun

ADO Platino is 1788MN each way, DF TAPO to Cancún. 3600 +/- each way. Wow. AND you'll have to pay taxi fare from MEX (DF airport) to TAPO.

You can fly from the DF to Cancún for a lot less than that. Check out the promotional fares, especially: http://www.interjet.com

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

(This post was edited by esperanza on Aug 31, 2013, 7:36 AM)

joaquinx

Aug 31, 2013, 7:48 AM

Post #4 of 5 (3052 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Bus from D.F. to Cancun

Taxi from the airport to TAPO is 135 pesos. All in all, I would look into flying. The bus is at least 24+ hours.

You could make stops in Orizaba, Veracruz (the port), Coatza, Villahermosa, Campeche, Mérida, etc.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

citlali

Aug 31, 2013, 8:10 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3048 views)

Shortcut

Re: [joaquinx] Bus from D.F. to Cancun

Very good point on the stops. Just came back from San Cristobal to Mexico a 13 hour bus ride and as there is no choice but going overnight, it is pretty tiring.
Going back it took my friend17 hours because of some work on some part of the road. We only had two chek points so we were awaken twice during the night but I have been awaken up to 8 times going north another pain.
If you want to see the countryside take shorter trips during the day if it is possible otherwise fly. Check flights with interjet, volaris and vivaaerobus and Magnicharter, check the days they fly as some of them do not all fly every day . Be aware that some of them will quote the price without taxes so the prices is usually around double. The low prices in the Vivaaerobus site show the ticket with 10 or 15 kg bag and every thing above that is extra, check every line carefully as some of the cheap airlines are tricky and keep on adding insurrance, extra checking charges, some optional some not.
I was yesterday in DF and Magnicharter and Volaris showed they had been suspended, not sure what that was abot but check carefully before reserving. the price from Vivaaerobus was 538 pesos from any location so probably around 1100 pesos once everything was included. Interjet shows the full price so check them. The 538 is a promotional price so will not last but you need to check all these prices on a daily basis to get a feel for the actual prices On some days it is cheaper to fly than drive or take a bus but ADO was also having 50% off promotion this month so everything needs checking and immediate booking when you get the price you want.

(This post was edited by citlali on Sep 1, 2013, 7:05 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4