First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

sandyr

Aug 26, 2013, 11:23 PM

Post #76 of 79 (1118 views)

Shortcut

Re: [at7mbe] vIisitor permit and Temporary car permit

| Private Reply
Mark,

Thanks for perspective on the complications related to using a temp resident permit with the temp vehicle import. I think I've finally decided I will continue pursuing the perm resident permit but I think we will cancel our application with the consulate for my wife and just get a visitante for her when we cross the border. She will be the one who gets the temp import for the vehicle this time and we will stay in Mexico at least until I get the perm resident card. While we are there, we will look at used Mexican plated vehicles to buy. If we aren't satisfied with that, we will pursue permanently importing the Jeep the next time we go to Mexico. That way I will have the perm resident card in hand in case it's needed for things like getting the Mexican plates. Anyway, thanks again for all your help and expertise. I think this thread has spent about enough time answering my questions, so I should probably give it a break. I've learned a lot!

Sincerely,

Sandy

playaboy

Aug 27, 2013, 4:44 AM

Post #77 of 79 (1106 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Permanent Resident Card and Temporary car permit

| Private Reply
Steve, I would not try to get a 180 day online and when you have a RP pending stamp in your passport. The computers are getting better here.

Sculp, thanks for the clarifacation. Not that it makes any difference, I thought Oscar was a broker. As long as the job gets done is the important thing.

Sandy, as you are researching all the different angles you should look at http://www.cbp.gov/ I suggest you read Robt65 post on importing his wife's car. His post was the most complete writing of the totally legal way to bring a car permanently into Mexico. Good luck with what ever you decide.

at7mbe

Aug 27, 2013, 9:25 AM

Post #78 of 79 (1072 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] vIisitor permit and Temporary car permit

| Private Reply

The other appropriate book/movie for dealing with immigration, aduana and rentas for placas would be Trampa-22 (Catch-22).
-- Mark

tonyburton / Moderator

Aug 27, 2013, 11:35 AM

Post #79 of 79 (1054 views)

Shortcut

Re: [at7mbe] vIisitor permit and Temporary car permit

| Private Reply
On that note, it's time to lock this overlong thread and start again...
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4